the King smirked."you know,Damaron's a big boy now... don't you think he could take care of himself."

"I will continue to, protect him till further notice." i don't know what was the point of all these questions... maybe some kind of mind game.

"Sir, permission to speak freely"

"Granted"

"if i may ask Master, whats with all the questions?"

"Mere curiosity" the King answered simply.

"oh"

"tell me something my boy" and once again he starts circling "how far would you go to protect this Kingdom...and my Son?"

"to the very end Sir"

"would you die for him"

"i would take my own life if he wish it of me!" I may have said that a little too quickly, I almost cut him off mid sentence.buti it was true,i would do any thing for Damaron.

the King smirked,i don't like the looks of that "would you?"

What do I say now, yes, no, maybe, "Yes!"

the King nodded a few times,"take this" he reached under a towel sitting on a tray on a small table and pulled out a small dagger. he walked over to me "and stab yourself"

oh so it's one of those kinds of tests huh,ok i can do this....i looked at the blade my eyes grew wide."silver??" It wasn't really a question it was more of a statement.

"mm hmm" the King handed me the dagger and I took it by its handle.

i couldn't very easily read him, I had no idea what he was planning... did he really want me to kill myself.... after more than 15 years of loyle service.

"Prove yourself to me Eli...kill yourself" the King said impatiently.

i took a deep breath and raised the dagger over my heart.here goes

just before it made contact with my chest,it went flying out of my hand and hit the floor.i opened my eyes only to see the King desperately trying to hold back a laugh,but it got the better of him and he let it out.

"hahaha,foolish puppy,do you really think i would kill my sons favorite dog" i hated when he referred to us as Dogs,we're not dogs,we're better then dogs.

"i wouldn't know Sir" frankly i was getting tired of his little game.

"Eli,Eli,Eli, I don't think you understand the seriousness of this situation, you literally saved a lot of lives today, we don't know how, but you were able to sense the humans long before they even got anywhere near here,that is something worth rewarding."

was that what this was all about,he just wanted to reward me.

"Master, I'm afraid I couldn't except any extra rewards, the simple fact you provide, food and shelter,and a comfy place to rest my head... that's reward enough" being the only wolf allowed in the castle means i get my own bed chambers...and a bed...and other wolves slept on the ground in the Wolf den.

"come now Eli,there must be something you want, something you long for,something your heart desires." Yeah...your son...but if i said that i would be put to death...but when it all cames down to it,Damaron was the only thing my heart desired...he was the only thing i wanted...and knew i couldn't have.

"no Sir,i already have ever thing i could want." i looked down,we both knew that was a lie.

"very well then,"the King didn't argue just nodded and went to walk away "you may go"