.4.

•••
"Oh."

You stare at the string around your finger.

"I wonder who's on the other side." Nagito says, too casually.

"W-wait that means-!" You sputter out.

"It means that I was right? I'm aware."

"Wait but you can't even-" You start.

"-I can see it."

Nagito lifts his finger. You can see the red string on his finger.

"Are our strings connected?" You ask.

Nagito laughs and shakes his head.

"No no, that would be all too convenient for me." He tells you.

You look at him. All too convenient? What is he talking about? Is he implying something? Billions of thoughts are flowing through your head. You don't say any of them though. All you do is stare down at your hands. The string around your finger.

How can this be real? This has to be a dream! Maybe you'll wake up soon. You go back to everything that Nagito told you. The soulmates, the string, the thing about-

"Wait! Nagi! If we're not soulmates how come you see my string? And I see yours? Didn't you say that it was complicated?"

Nagito chuckles. "The easy answer is the power of friendship. Best, Friendship."

You let out a sigh. "Good enough."

Again, silence takes over the room. You stand up.

"(Y/N)? Where are you going?" Nagito asks.

You shrug. "To find my soulmate I guess."

Nagito stares at you intensely. Then, a bright smile appears on his face. It doesn't seem real to you though.

"Oh how wonderful! May I come along?" Nagito asks.

"If you want too. I could probably use the help from my best friend." You happily tell him.

Nagito sighs. "Ah yes, best friend. Besties always help each other out."

You smile at him. "Yeah! C'mon let's go!"

You grab Nagitos hand and drag him out the door. A huge grin is plastered on to your face. All of a sudden, this soulmate thing doesn't seem so bad. Maybe it's just a new adventure.

•••
"Nagi!" You whine.

"What, (Y/N)?"

"We've been walking for so long! Where is my soulmate?" You ask.

"First off, it's been 5 minutes. Second, make sure you're following the string." Nagito tells you.

You huff and cross your arms.

"This was a bad idea. It's late and I wanna go home."

Nagito pats you on the back. "Now there's a good idea."

"But I wanna find them!" You exclaim.

"Then find him?" Nagito weakly suggests.

Once again you clasp the boys hand in yours.

"We're gonna do this together!" You say.

Nagito laughs. A small smile appears on his face as you drag him along.

"Slow down!" He yells, still laughing a little.

You pace yourself. Soon, you're simply walking hand in hand in the dark.