.2.

(BFN)- Best Friend Name.
•••

" ...I'm in love with another person who is not destined for me."

"Gee Nagi! You act like it's the end of the world."

Nagito puts his hand on your shoulder.

"(Y/N), I can tell you're incapable of understanding this." Nagito says.

"Theories aren't necessarily true!" You exclaim.

Nagito shakes you slightly as he tells you: "It's not a theory!"

You brush your best friend off of your shoulder.

"Nagito..." You take the white haired boys hand with the both of yours. "...I guess I'll have to be wrong. I'm sorry I don't believe this."

Your best friend is silent. He stares down at your hands with his grayish eyes. He drags his thumb across your left hand.

"I have to go."

Your face falls. The joking and happy mood you had dissipates almost instantly.

"Nagito I-"

He slips his hand out from between yours. Your (E/C) eyes stare into his solemn blue-grey eyes.

"I'm sorry if I upset you." You mumble.

"It's fine (Y/N). You'll see you were wrong anyway." Nagito sadly huffs.

The two of you don't get to talk any further, because he walks out of your house. A sigh escapes you. Why is he being like this? Because of some theory? Maybe it isn't a theory...? No, no! Invisible strings leading to, a possible stranger who is, your soulmate. It's absurd! You sit down on your couch.

"What am I gonna do?"

•••

You're so excited for school! You had your invites all ready to hand out. You walk around, giving them to your friends. Soon, you spot your other best friend (BFN).

"(BFN)!" You exclaim.

"Hey hey (Y/N)!" Your bestie greets.

"Here!" You shove an invite in their face. "My party tonight!"

"Woah! (Y/N)! How did you do these all in one night?" (BFN) asks.

"Nagito helped me!" You tell them.

They huff. "Of COURSE he did!" (BFN) yells angrily.

"I know! I'm sorry! He was just over at my house and... he just... helped." You half say, half mumble.

(BFN) rolls their eyes. "Whatever! Let's just go to class."

You walk silently beside your best friend. It's odd how much time you spend with Nagito. He's your best friend! Shouldn't you be spending lots of time with him? You believe you should.

Whilst in your thoughts about Nagito, the late bell goes off. A sigh escapes your lips, and you scurry off to class along with your best friend. The teacher doesn't notice you two were late. During class, you hand out some more invites. Everyone smiles and takes them. They all seem excited about it, which lightens your mood. Until lunch time comes around, you're handing out invites.

Every day at lunch, you sit with Nagito. Your other best friend doesn't have lunch with you sadly. You sit under a cherry tree on a bench. The setting is similar to one in a cliche love anime.

"Hey hey Nagi!" You yell to your best friend when you see him.

The lucky boy perks up and waves back.

"Hi (Y/N). Excited for your party tonight?" Nagito questions.

You nod. "Yep! So much cake to share! And all the games we're gonna play!" You squeal.

Nagito chuckles. "Are you turning 8 or 18?" The boy jokingly asks.

You smack the boys arm. "Hush! I'm so happy! And excited!" You chirp

"I'm glad to see you happy. You'll be a wonderful adult."

"Are you gonna stay with me all night? Until I turn 18?" You enthusiastically ask.

"Sure, (Y/N). If it makes you happy. Not sure why you would want to start your first day of adulthood with trash like me." Nagito casually comments.

"Oh Nagi! You're not trash! You're my best friend. I really want to spend my birthday with you!"

Nagito smiles at you. He gazes into your eyes. Your heart flutters a little at the way he's looking at you.

"I'm glad to be-" He stops, hesitation flashes through his face. "-Your... best friend."

You flash a genuine smile at the boy.

"I'm happy that we're besties too Nagi!"

Nagito chuckles and looks down. He shakes his head a small amount.

"If only you knew."

•••
hi it's bad i'm sorry!! the chapters are gonna get longer i swEAR (; okay i gotta school (aka: write more) byE