The chemistry between two and the jealousy of the third wheel

Start from the beginning

Enzo's soft voice startled me pulling me out my thoughts:
If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

While speaking he glanced at Jasmeet, whose eyes he just met and whose appearance enchanted him in a way. After all, she was the stranger, who just poached his heart. She replied him looking into his eyes, in a soft and sweet manner: "
Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.

It was evident to the whole room and me that while they recited their lines, they never left each other eyes. Everyone was holding their breath as they read their lines fluently, Mrs. Stevenson smiled contently and happily as if she just won the jackpot. The two students were in a way able to bring the stage to life and the attraction between the two was noticeable all the way back to the row where I was seating. Time seemed to stop as well, unconsciously the teacher chose the right students for the lead of the most romantic play of the century. Their hands touched and just magnified the whole moment making it very real and believeable.

However, when the moment for the kiss came, both reliazed their proximity and backed away from each other. Jasmeet then said: "Mrs. Stevenson, I will do everything, I just do not want to the kiss right now!" Enzo nodded agreeing, and Mrs. Stevenson observed them closely and replied them: "Miss Kaur and Mr. Enzo, you performed very well, you surprised me, I am happy I chose you. Keep it up that way and we will be able to attend the contest of school's play!" she turned to the rest of the cast; "So, as you have seen, we have now Romeo and Juliet, and therefore we can all go home. Tomorrow I want all of you to be on time and then we will start the rehearsing!" Everyone started to pack their things and slowly left the room. I was still in daze; did this moment really happen?

"Shawn, you are still here?" asked me the voice of my best friend. I replied him: "Yeah, I was so curious how it will go between the two of you. You have talent, I did not know this about my best friend!" He just shrugged it off: "Man, no I have no talent; it is just that maybe Jasmeet and I have chemistry!" I repeated after him:"You have maybe chemistry. Dude, this was so intense! The whole room held their breath!" He looked at me questioninly and I just moved my head to show my sincerity. Enzo smiled at me and we left the hall together to go to our cars.

Enzo POV's:

As soon as I stood on the stage, I could feel eagerness flowing through my vains and I was suddenly very excited to play. Finally, Jasmeet came back; the eye contact with me clearly affected her. I smirked at this and we started to recite the lines of the greatest's lovers. It surprised me that the words rolled off my tongue easily and I never left Jasmeet's eyes. There was magic, I could feel it. The voice of the girl also said her words with care and feeling. It seemed like we were really strangers meeting at a party and falling in love with each other. The way her eyes bore into mine, was magical.

Normally, my peers would talk as they could never shut up, however, now they were silent carefully listening to our words and absorbing everything which was recited. We moved closer to each other and I could sense her proximity, which affected me as I could feel my heart beat to increase. She smelt foreign, like spices and a hint of orchids. Her eyes were so deep; dark brown and they were so beautiful, and I got lost in them. It seemed like no one was in the room and we were all alone; we spaced out and created our own world.
Suddenly when the famous kiss was due and we were only a couple of inches away from each other, Jasmeet said composing herself, creating some distance between us:
"Mrs. Stevenson, I will do everything, I just do not want to the kiss right now!" I agreed with her as I did not want the kiss to happen in front of all the other students. Wait, did I want to kiss her? Was I insane? After the teacher dismissed the whole cast, I noticed suddenly Shawn. I thought that he already left; apparently, his curiousity got the better of him and he decided to stay. I approached him by saying: "Shawn, you are still here?"

He looked up, clearly he was lost in his thoughts, and replied me: "Yeah, I was so curious how it will go between the two of you. You have talent; I did not know this about my best friend!" I just shrugged if off, hoping that he was not thinking about the magical moment we just created. I did not want to explain myself again. Thank God, he just went with me to the parking lot and we went our separate ways. In my car, I thought about the rehearsal I just attended and the way her hands fitted perfectly into mine. I could not fall for her; I just could not.

Shawn would kill me; he made clear that he did not want us to hang out or even talk. I would loose him if I decided to act on those feelings. Somehow, I had to make sure to keep my heart safe as I was on the verge of loosing it or had I already lost it? Jasmeet was truly a beautiful girl and I wanted to get to know her better. I smacked my head and just started the motor in order to go home. I had to forget the feelings I slowly developed as there was no hope for us. I was a boy and I did not deal with feelings; I was always the cold one who never looked at girls. It was strange that I never had even a girlfriend. Moreover, Shawn was my best friend and I could never do this to him as he would consider this an unforgiveable thing. Therefore, I decided to close my heart, to see her only as a working colleague and the enemy of my best friend! This was the best for all of us!

----------------------------------------------

So this was the next chapter, do you think that Enzo is falling for Jasmeet? Or do you think he will be able to control himself and prevent himself from falling for her? And what about Shawn? Do you think that he is also interested in her? I am curious to find out what you think about this chapter.

Love

Sarah He.

P.S: I have a small teaser for you from the next chapter. So do not stop reading!!! This will be of high interest for you!! So enjoy: 

He came closer and closer, I could not move; his lips came nearer and suddenly I could feel his minty breath on my face; just an inch away from my mouth. His scent was messing with my head and I was like frozen; I could not do anything. What was happening to me? Was I falling in love? Or was I about to loose my first kiss to this guy, to whom I would never thought of giving it to him? I did not know this back then.

My heart started to beat faster and he looked at me with a smirk, clearly enjoying that he was impacting me. The butterflies in my stomache also errupted. I could also see clearly the freckles on his face; he looked adorable. His wavy and soft hair fell him onto his forehead and I felt the need to stroke his hair. His dark eyes also fixated me carefully and I got lost in them. He Back to his comment, I wanted to make smart come back but I could not articulate any sentence in my head. I just thought about him and could not form any sentence which made sense so I decided it was better not to speak a thing. Then out of the sudden I felt his soft lips on mine. It was like magic finally happened. The moment his mouth touched mine, I felt a spark of electricity going through me.

------

Who did kiss her? Give me any guesses!!! I am curious to find out what you think and who you suspect to be behind this. Or is this just a dream???? Let me know. I am really excited to find out what you think!!