A History To Make Amends

15th of April 2238

It was night on Vulcan and very cold, but the long robes kept the cold out. The Vulcan youngsters had just finished another long lesson at the Vulcan Learning Center.

S'laren T'Aimnu Shinat, a 10-year-old boy was sitting on a big rock to meditate. His bright azure blue eyes stared far in the distance to the horizon of mountains and his wavy black hair wove in the light summer breeze of the night.

The boy on the rock was considered a k'torr skann, an outcast to the Vulcan society. Mainly because of his strange blue eyes, but also because he showed a small level of emotions to those who were the closest to him, which were his four sisters.

Suddenly, voices were heard. Loud ones, like yelling.

Shinat reacted quickly and ran back to the center. He found three elder boys insulting a younger one. Without thinking, the blue-eyed boy ran forward to stand between the older boys who were smaller than he and the younger one. He recognized one of them as Stonn, a future bond mate for one of his sisters. "What does this mean?"

The three cowered back at the sight of his appearance.

Even for a ten-year-old, Shinat was rather tall and muscled as he worked out nearly every day as his family mainly ignored him and his activities. Also, his eyes were rather impressive, especially by the light of the moon.

The tallest was pushed forward by the other two, not wanting to deal with Shinat.

The blue-eyed Vulcan stretched himself to his full height. "Accessing logic, it is very illogical to bully a younger child just for his heritage. It is also morally and socially improper business. Keep up, would you?"

The boys murmured something unintelligible, something that made Shinat roll his eyes.

"If I ever see you bullying someone again, I will and shall inform the elders of your improper behavior. Is this clear?"

The three nodded and began running into the black of the night.

"You did not have to do that." it was the younger boy behind him who spoke.

The tall Vulcan turned around, his blue eyes gazing over the other male full of concern. "Maybe not, but I do not wish to see one hurt."

"I will not be hurt, it is illogical." it was a rather stoic and forced reply.

"Do not be silly, everyone can be hurt. It is only that Vulcan society does not accept one to show it on their faces. But on the inside the hurt will be there no matter what." Shinat told, explaining why he did what he did.

"Your knowledge is rather advanced." the brown-eyed boy commented. "I heard of you from my parents... the one with blue eyes. Is your name not Shinat, son of Sitak?"

"It is. And who may you be, if I may ask." the blue-eyed Vulcan replied.

"My name is Spock, son of Sarek."

Shinat let a smile twitch, his brilliant white teeth visible. "It is nice to meet you Spock."

--//--

Their friendship started out that day, brilliant and bright right from the start. Lady Amanda, Spock's human mother, had been eccentric the day Spock took Shinat home to meet his parents. Spock's older brother Sybok had been there too.

Sybok had taken an unhealthy liking in the blue-eyed Vulcan, seeing the other man as a god of fertility and peace. All because of his blue eyes that resembled the Earthly oceans that were full of life and flowed peacefully. But the liking was replaced by an unhealthy obsession for the tall blue-eyed Vulcan who was his little half-brother's friend.