Chapter 11

I was breathing hard. My hand on my chest. Apeta ran in the room. 
     "Oh dear child!" She cried. She called for a maid. The nameless maid came running into the room. "Get her some water quickly," Apeta said. The maid ran out of the room. 
     "What happened?" Apeta said. 
     "If Skehemkhet wasn't going to kill me..." I crumbled to the floor.  I heard Apeta call for a doctor. Thoughts swirled in my head. "How will I die? He wouldn't kill his own sister right? Did I do the right thing of letting him go?" I closed my eyes and blacked out. 
                                                                      •••
     I woke up to Apeta trying to get me to drink a glass of water. I took the cup from her hand and gulped it down. 
     "It appears that she is just under stress and overwhelmed. I recommend light exercise, drinking plenty of water, and plenty of sleep in a no-stress environment,"  
     "Okay," she said. She pulled me up off the ground. She lead me to my chamber. She handed me water and said, "Drink," I drank. I rested my head and tried falling asleep. 
      "Good," she whispered. 
        I was alone in a room. There was a shadow in the corner. Skehemkhet began to approach.  
     "The tables have finally turned," he said. I tried to scream but no words came out.  He leaned in really close and whispered, "Any last words?" I spat in his face. He pulled back in disgust. "Cherish your lips now," he said, "I will destroy them so you will never be able to speak your name."  
    "Wake up!" Apeta was shaking my shoulder. "You were crying in your sleep. I reached up and touched my lips. They were still there. I looked to the side of me and saw a dot of drool. Apeta handed me a glass of water. I drank it all. 
      "Maybe you need a walk to clear your head," she said.