James Potter: Surprise

You stared at the pregnancy test in your hands, positive

You took a deep breath before placing the stick down on to your bed. You needed some fresh air to think so you walked out into the open air, you felt dizzy and a little sick.
Could you be a mother? Were you ready? Was James ready?

Oh god, James! You thought to yourself.

You didn't know how you were going to tell him, what were you going to tell him?
You practised and practised over and over in your head but you just couldn't think of the right words to say it to him.

~~~~~~~

"Y/N." James walked into your room, hoping to find you showering so he could join you but your room was empty, there wasn't a single sole in it.
James walked over to your bedroom door, ready to continue his search for you elsewhere when something caught his eye.

James stalked over to your bed and picked up the item laying on your bed. He saw the two lines and swallowed.

~~~~~~~~

"I didn't plan on this happening but I'm pregnant." This was the tenth time you'd repeated the same sentence in your head.
"Y/N!" You jumped slightly at the sound of your name being called so loudly.

When you looked further behind you, you saw James stood calling you.
"James?" You yelled waving your arms at him so he could finally see you.

James ran to you- no, sprinted towards you.
You'd never seen him move so fast. He was holding something in his hands but he was holding it so tightly that you couldn't make it out.

Suddenly James went flying forward, his face connecting with the ground causing you to wince and look away as he got back up, totally unphased to continue running to you.

When James finally reached you he stopped, panting madly as if he were a dog.

"James? What's wrong?" You asked tucking some hair behind your ear.
"Is it true?" He asked still panting as he tried to catch his breath.
"Is what true James?" That when you saw what he was holding.

James presented the pregnancy test that was previously laying in your bed.

"Am I- am I going to be a dad?" He said staring at you.
You just nodded, that's when James lunged forward, picking you up by your waist and spinning you around like a mad man.

"I'm going to be a dad!" He yelled happily.
You couldn't help but smile at the sight of him prancing around with you in his arms, yelling that he is going to be a daddy.

"You're okay with this?" You asked once he'd put you down.
James nodded, "I'm going to be the best dad this kids going to ever see!" He said making you giggle. "I hope so!" You said as James pulled you in for a kiss.

James was so excited, sure he was scared but he couldn't wait to hold your little angel in his arms, he couldn't wait to show off his pride and joy to his friends and teach the little child how to play Qudditch.

~~~~~~

After your first scan you got home, James opened the front door for you and carried your bag. "James I can manage to at least open the-"

"Surprise," You turned to see James holding up a small red t-shirt that said "Daddy's little Qudditch player" on the front of the jersey, with James' number on the back of it.
"Do you like it?" He asked.

You nodded as you smiled.
"I love it." You said wrapping your arms around his shoulders, he was going to be such a good dad.