5. Remus Lupin: Mistletoe

Hogarth was truly a sight to see during the holidays, the corridors were littered with tinsel and baubles hanging from the air, holly sat on every chandelier, large Christmas trees stood in each classroom and mistletoe was hung in most doorways

James and Sirius saw that as an opportunity to prank some unsuspecting people, they put a jinx on all the mistletoe that made it impossible for two people who stepped under it to walk away with out kissing.

"Have you thought about this prank?" Remus asked them as he read the daily prophet. "What do you mean?" James asked. "Well what happens if you walk under there?" Remus asked them.

"Simple, we kiss whatever hot chick is under there," Sirius said smugly.
"What if it's another boy?" Remus asked causing Sirius to look disgusted.

"And prongs what happens if Lily walks under it with someone else?" James sprung up out of his seat, he had clearly been convinced to remove the jinx, Sirius sighed before following him.

After breakfast Remus made his way to herbology with his friends, laughing as he listened to Peter tell them a joke.

Remus felt his shoulder brush against someone else's but the corridor was often busy this time of day.

As remus continued to walk he felt a sudden jolt of pain as if he'd ran into a brick wall, he turned when he realised you had walked into the same invisible wall that he had.

"What the-?" Remus questioned as he tried to push past whatever barrier was surrounding you both.

"Uh oh," James said pointing up at the mistletoe above them. "What do you mean uh oh? You removed the jinx?" Remus said looking irritated, it wasn't even his prank and he was having to pay for it.

"Yeah- we did!" James said innocently. "We just missed this one," Sirius added with a shrug. "For God's sake, I told you something like this would happen!"

"Something like what?" You asked from beside remus. "These idiots jinxed the mistletoe so we can't leave it until we kiss," Remus said.

"Oh-" was all you said in return. "Well why can't you remove the jinx now?" He asked his friends, "Well we can but it'll dye your skin purple for a week if we do," Sirius said.

"What? Why?" You and remus asked in unison. "Well we didn't want people to be able to escape easily so we jinxed the jinx!" James said feeling rather proud of his achievements.

"Idiots." Remus sighed. "It's not that bad moony, just give her a peck and be on with it," Peter said with a smirk. "That's not the point! The point is I-" Remus was silenced as you kissed him.

"There," you said steeping freely out from under the mistletoe. "Wasn't that bad Lupin, was it?" You teased before walking away.

"Sorry Moony, we didn't mean for you to get stuck," remus just smiled at his friends. "You lot are bloody geniuses!" He said happily, startling the rest of the marauders.