Sirius Black: The same

"Late again Mr

"Late again Mr.Black," you heard your teacher say, annoyance present in her voice. Sirius looked at the crowd staring at him as he stumbled in late, as usual.

"Sorry I-" your teacher shook her head, "tell me Mr.Black, what do you need to successfully make a Hiccoughing Potion?" Sirius opened his mouth but quickly shut it, he didn't know the answer.

Your teacher sighed in annoyance before turning back to the potion you were all learning how to brew.

Sirius took his seat, next to you.
He got out his books and quill and slumped next to you, he didn't have a clue what any of you were doing, he'd missed half of the lesson already.

You looked over at him before sliding your notes next to him.
Sirius smiled at you, mouthing a thank you before taking the neatly written notes and reading over what you'd written.

Sirius couldn't help but notice your wrist, it had bruising on it, dark purple, the kind that seemed to sear in pain. When you noticed him staring at it you quickly pulled your oversized robe down, concealing it away.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey pads," James said taking a seat next to his best friend at the dining room table. Sirius smiled as the rest of the Marauders sat in front of him. "How were you late this time?" Remus asked the black haired male sat opposite him. "I was busy-" Sirius said continuing to eat. "Doing what?" Peter asked joining the conversation. "More like doing who!" James teased making the boys laugh, Sirius just smirked.
"A gentleman never tells," he said winking.

"Do you need to borrow today's notes?" James asked but Sirius just shook his head.
"The girl who sits next to me gave me hers." Peter frowned. "You don't even know her name?" Sirius shrugged, he was a very busy boy, it was difficult to keep track of every girls name and you weren't in a sexual relationship with him so he never remembered yours.

"Her name is Y/N," Remus said rolling his eyes. "Anyway," Sirius said changing subject. "How's practice going Prongs?" Peter asked making James smile. "Brilliant, we're definitely going to win our next game," the boys continued to converse with one another when you appeared.

"Excuse me," you said making all four boys give you their attention. "Uh- I think you took my notes with you," you said looking over at Sirius. Sirius thought for a moment before going in his bag and pulling them out. "Sorry, I was in a rush to get here," you just nodded before turning to walk away. "Thanks," he said but you just nodded again.

"She's pretty shy huh," James said making the three boys nod. "Actually-" Peter thought for a moment, "she's never had a boyfriend!" This shocked the Marauders, you were a very pretty girl, why hadn't any boy claimed you as his yet?

"Did you guys see her wrist?" Remus whispered. Sirius nodded, "I noticed in class earlier," James and Peter both stood up, trying to stare at your wrist but you were too far and they were drawing a lot of attention so Remus and Sirius pulled them to sit down.

~~~~~~

It was the weekend now, a nice sunny day so the majority of students had decided to go to the town to visit a few shops and then go to Hogs Head Inn, including the Marauders.

"How old are you?" Sirius said to James who was enjoying the ice cream he'd just bought at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. James pocked his tongue out to Sirius, pretending to be a child.

Since James wasn't looking where he was going he ended up bumping into you, sending you onto the floor, along with James ice cream. "Ow," you said rubbing your elbow, which you'd bumped because of James. "Prongs-" Sirius said shaking his head, James just stared at the ice cream, looking sad.

"Sorry," Sirius said offering you a hand, which you took. It was a sunny day, the weather was pretty warm yet you were wearing a large woolly jumper, that was clearly too big for you since it hung over your figure, engulfing you in the material.

As Sirius pulled you up your sleeve rolled down your arm, since it was so big and revealed a sickening sight. Your arm was covered with large, purple bruises, scars and deep cuts that shouldn't of been there.

Sirius was so surprised that he openly stared at the mess on your arm. You pulled away and ripped your sleeve back into place. "Stop staring at me!" You barked before running off, ducking into a random store so Sirius could no longer stare at you.

"What's wrong with her?" James said finally taking his eyes off the spoiled dairy product on the floor. "Did you see-" Sirius didn't know how to describe it, the sight of your skin. "See what?" James asked confused. Sirius just stared into the crowd of people, wishing he could find you.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You're serious of what you saw Pad foot?" Remus said in the Gryffindor common room. Sirius nodded. "I don't understand how you didn't see it." He said looking over at James who shrugged.

That's when Peter came barging in to the empty common room.
"What's up with you?" James said looking at Peter who looked as if he'd run around the whole castle. "I got something to tell you!" He said shutting the door behind him.  "Is anyone here?" The boys shook their head.

"I was peaking in the girls bathroom and I saw-"
"Pervert," James said with a smirk on his face. "Quiet," Peter said wanting to continue, "I saw Y/N there, she took her jumper off and-" Remus shook his head. "Worm tail I really don't think we should be hearing this." Peter shook his head.
"She was covered in cuts and bruises!" Sirius frowned. "She had loads of scars too!"

"What does this mean?" James said crossing his arms.
"Think about it-" Sirius said standing up. "She's shy, withdrawn and doesn't interact with anyone." Remus frowned. "She's got scars," James looked over at Remus, he understood what Sirius was getting at.

"And she's covered in cuts and bruises, when was the last full moon?" Remus sighed.
"Three weeks ago,"

It all made sense now, why you were the way you were.
It was because you were a werewolf.

**********