extra [VALENTINE'S DAY]

TO SAY Blue was worried was an understatement. It had taken her the entire ride to Gabe's house to stop sweating. Then she thought about what he could have planned, and she started sweating again.

Now, as she stood in front of Gabe's door, Batman printed pajamas in hand--she didn't have any 'sexy' pajamas, it was this day that Blue realized she was a fucking nerd--she contemplated running away. She took a step back, only to have the door almost pulled off its hinges by an excited looking Gabe.

"Come in, milady." He stepped aside and bowed, causing a nervous laugh to bubble from Blue's throat.

Blue shuffled in quickly and bolted to the couch in front of the TV. Gabe closed the door and went to sit next to her, Blue only scooted away and played with the strings on her hoodie.

Gabe lifted and eyebrow and opened his mouth to ask what was wrong, but Blue blurted out, "I don't want to have sex with you. I mean I do, you're gorgeous and an amazing guy! It's just, I'm not really ready for sex right now. It's kind of a scary concept. I love you and I'm sorry but I don't want to have sex with you."

Gabe gaped at Blue. Silence filled the room and stretched out for what felt like an eternity. Until Gabe broke out in snorts and laughter so violent that he fell from the couch. Blue winced at the loud thud from when Gabe hit the hard wood floors of his apartment.

"Did--did you think," he wheezed and struggled to regain his breath, "did you think I invited you here today to have sex with you?" Blue looked down at her hands in her lap, heat creeping up her checks.

"What did you invite me here for?" Blue asked, slow and shy. She wanted to slap herself. Or hit her head on a brick wall repeatedly.

Gabe didn't answer. Instead, he took out a stack of DVD boxes all labeled Star Wars. He handed them to Blue while he disappeared into his room and came back dressed in a storm trooper onesie. Blue smiled, loving how perfect he looked in it.

Why the hell does he still look hotter than me wearing that?

"I got one for you too." He held up a smaller, identical onesie and tossed it at Blue.

"Are we going to be that couple?" Blue fiddled with the fabric in her hand.

"Yes, we are. I'm going to go make popcorn while you change." Gabe smiled at Blue, completely forgetting her embarrassing outburst.

While Blue dressed, she listened the popping of popcorn and the humming of the Imperial March. The popping stopped and when Gabe came back with the bowl of popcorn, he nearly dropped it.

"You look hot." He gaped at her as he made his way to the couch.

Blue smiled, still embarrassed by her previous ramblings. Gabe read her like a book and when he sat next to her he spoke, "Blue, I don't care about sex. If you don't wanna have sex, that's fine. If you do wanna have sex, that's also fine. Just because we're dating doesn't mean that you owe me anything. I love you. I don't need to have sex with you to know that."

Blue was close to tears. She tried to blink them away, only to have them spill over. "Thank you. So much. For understanding for loving me even though I'm a prude," Gabe looked angry when the word left her lips but she barreled forward, "I love you, Gabe. I'm so happy that I met you. Thank you so much for loving me."

At this point, Blue was sobbing uncontrollably. It wasn't pretty. Gabe still thought she looked beautiful, even with her face scrunched up and even when her uneven sobbing filled the room. Gabe, not knowing what to do, got up and stuck the first movie in the DVD player. He brought out a blanket from his room and wrapped both him and Blue in its warmth. As the movies played on, Blue fell asleep curled up in Gabe's arms. He kissed her head, and whispered words he was too cowardly to say when she was awake.

"You don't know how lucky I am to have you. You saved me from myself. You're my hero, Blue. My knight in shining armor. I could never thank you enough." He grinned, kissed her again, and fell asleep to the sound of light sabers and R2D2.