1:55 am [24]

HE WAS pretty sure that he walked out of the house with two different shoes on. The bite of winter air stung his cheeks as he locked the door to his apartment. He was motivated by pure guilt, considering he had just finished his shift and hadn't had much sleep since his asshole move with Blue.

Why had he done that? Why does he have to ruin everything he touches? Questions and countless sleepless nights clouded his mind, blurred his vision. He shook his head, pinched himself, and got into his car.

He knew the city pretty well. He didn't need a map to know where he was heading. What he did need however, was a strong slap in the face. Whenever he would stop at a light, he would fall asleep. But he bit his tongue until the taste of metal filled his mouth and he kept going.

He arrived at a large, two story house that was blasting music so loud, he could feel the vibrations through the pavement. He walks towards the door, maneuvering past drunk college students until the crowd became so thick he had to shove his way through.

He found Blue passed out in a corner, her shirt drenched in tequila. Her hair fell over her face and dropped into her mouth as she mumbled incoherent words. Before he picked her up, he pushed her hair away from her face and behind her ears. People parted as he carried her in his arms and back to the car. He wondered what kind of idiot party this was, if a guy could carry a wasted girl out of the house without anyone stopping them.

She was slung over his shoulder and at once point she woke up and started kicking his chest. He opened the door passenger seat and plopped her down, where she immediately fell forward and hit head on the dashboard.

"You'll never get away with this, Team Rocket!" She slurred in a low voice when he got in to the drivers seat.

"It's Gabriel, Blue. I'm taking you home. I'm apparently a taxi driver now, so I expect you to pay me when you're sober." He chuckled and drove his car away from the thudding of the house party. What was she even doing there? Why did the Weasley twins want him to pick her up?

"I'll pay you," she turned her head and winked at him, "with my body."

He choked on his spit and he felt the blood rush to his face. He pulled over at an empty convenience store parking lot and called Fred.

"Did you pick her up?" Fred's mouth was full when he spoke, and Gabriel assumed he was probably eating all the ice cream that Blue wouldn't let him have.

"Yeah, I still don't see how this will get her to forgive me." He looked over at Blue who was now playing with her hair. "Do I just take her to your place?"

"Hahaha! No. We aren't home. Take her to your place." Gabe heard snickering in the background and narrowed his eyes but before he could argue, "Crsshhh we seem to be breaking up--can't--you--crsshhh--go--Blue--make out--she likes pancakes in the morning B T Dubs--crssshhhh--k bye."

"Sleep over!!" Blue threw her hands up in the air and cursed when her hands hit the ceiling of the car.

"You have a really dirty mouth." Gabe meant it as a joke but the way she looked at him made him realize the double meaning and he found himself blushing again. Why was he such a doofus around her? The world may never know.

When they arrived at his place, he had to carry her up the stairs on his back. She shouted nonsense the entire way up, causing him to laugh and almost drop her multiple times.

He unlocked the door and walked to the only bedroom in his apartment, where he set her down on the bed.

"I'll sleep on the couch. If you need anything, just yell." He hadn't taken two steps before she screamed his name. "Yes Blue?" He turned around to see her struggling to take off her damp shirt.

He swallowed hard as she finally threw her shirt to the side and leaned forward to grab his arm. "Don't go. Stay with me."

He felt his heart beating in his ears as he stalked to his closet and took out one of his clean shirts. He tossed it at Blue's face where it stayed until he walked out.

"Change you're drenched with tequila, and I'll think about it."

Blue quickly took off her clothes and tossed them to the side, when she followed Gabe outside of his room, he looked more awake than he had in ages.

His shirt went down to her mid-thigh and he tried so hard not to look as she grabbed both of his arms and tugged him toward the bedroom and onto the bed. They snuck under the blankets where they somehow ended up spooning. Gabe liked to tell himself he wasn't a cuddling type of guy, but he couldn't help the tingling feeling he got when she nuzzled into him. Then again, that could be the fact that he was completely turned on.

Yeah, that was probably it.