11:11 pm [8]

BLUE WAS stretched out on the floor when the pizza came. Her stomach grumbled in excitement despite her binge eating everything in the house.

She crawled on all fours to her wallet on her sofa, then to the door--which she opened, while still on the floor. She took out a twenty dollar bill, took the pizza, and slammed the door shut. Then she opened it again to yell an apology at the pizza guy who just smiled awkwardly in return.

The warm pizza box felt good on her cold hands and a small smile slipped on her face. Pizza was the only thing she could count on. Pizza didn't cheat on you with your best friend.

She put the pizza box on the couch and pulled herself up in front of it. Her phone alarm buzzed, telling her it was 11:11, when she would usually send a cute 'make a wish' text to her boyfriend. She felt nothing as she turned off the alarm and lifted the lid on the pizza box.

She gasped, then smiled. Not at the fact that the pepperoni's on the pizza were arranged into the shape of a penis, but at the cute cartoons and cheesy pick up lines scribbled onto the inside of the lid. She read through all of them while shoveling pizza into her face--and nearly choked multiple times.

She felt like crying and then laughing. Blue didn't have many friends. She was usually the one to comfort people, the one to be there for people. People counted on her to make them smile. To make them feel better. But no one had ever tried to make her feel better. No one had ever bothered to asked her what was wrong.

It was in that moment, somewhere between 'do you have a band-aid? because I just scraped my knee falling for you' and 'I bet you play soccer, cause you're a keeper' that she realized she loved Gabe. Wether it was strictly in platonic, or something more, she would figure out later. Because right now, all that mattered, was that he had been there for her when no one else wanted to be.