9th Letter

7/01/2014

Dear friend,

I was supposed to go to school today but I did not. This is only the second week of school but I had to miss it. I woke up today feeling not well. Not the type of the sickness which can be cured by taking medication but it’s the another type of sickness. It’s been quite 'some time' that I did not get this sickness but like what the doctor said, it attack at unpredictable times. I had to lie to my family saying that I was unwell today to escape from going to school. I told them that as I did not want to worry them with the truth. So, I just rested for the day. I watched some television programmes to let the day passed and to let my mind wondered into wonderland. I assumed that my sickness was gone by twilight but then again, it attacked me again once night falls. I laid on my bed resting rationalizing with my parents that I was having a headache. Lying down and so called resting was not helping me as my mind had went into a dark tunnel. Trying to relax had allowed me to came to nothing as I was shaking vigorously. I was finally overwhelmed as I was sweating and those dark thoughts in my mind were not putting me at ease. I decided to take a hot and long shower to drain it all away. The warm water were dripping along my scalp to my forehead reaching the tip of my nose and finally dropped. The assumption of having a hot shower would relax me had failed myself terribly. I took a long breath and finally decided that it was time for me to do it again. I looked upon my canvas which still had the traces of my previous artwork. After a long time of not painting, I decided that it was time for me to do so. I took my paintbrush and swiftly sweep it along my canvas producing an artwork of my own which were elegant in my eyes. I hid my brush and placed it in my secret sanctuary fearing that my family would discover it. They would disapprove of what I did and letting it to be a secret was the only way possible. Those overwhelming sickness that I was feeling before had washed away from me due to the effect of my painting. Now, I am going to take my medication as I would not want to miss school tomorrow. I know that my family disapprove of me taking it but I prayed that it will help me for tomorrow.

Yours truly,

Argo.