Chapter 41 - Sora vs Jackal

Start from the beginning

Lucy crossed her arms, "The only thing we know for sure is they're going after council members- current and former ones."

"In other words, we should start by tracking down the homes of all the former members, right?" Gray suggested.

"I'm pretty sure that information is classified as well..." Macao frowned, "Finding their homes won't be easy."

Happy looked at Carla, "Why?"

"Probably to keep enemies from seeking them out for revenge," Lucas replied.

Cana exhaled in frustration, "So in other words, we're back at square one."

"Not quite."

Lucy blinked in surprise at the familiar voice and the suited man who appeared in golden light, "Loke!"

"I know the locations of the former members. Not all of them, though," reported the Lion Spirit.

Wendy tilted her head in confusion, "How would you know, Loke?"

Loke grinned and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Well, you see..."

The massive blush and wide eyes on Wendy's face confirmed what Lucy suspected, "From women, I bet."

Loke took their map of Fiore and put pins on the locations of four of the council members. From there, Makarov took the reigns once again.

"Since we now know the locations of these four members, we'll split into teams and protect the former council members from raids conducted by Tartaros. They'll be tight lipped, but we must get them to tell us everything they know. The locations of their other members and most importantly, why they're being targeted by Tartaros."

Porlysuca stepped in at this point, "If you run into the Magical Barrier Particle user Laxus encountered, do your best to bring me back a blood sample. It might allow me to create a vaccine that could cure the ones who get poisoned."

Hearing that in the medical bay, Mira rose from her distraught state and wiped her eyes, "Don't worry, Laxus...we'll have you back on your feet in no time..so just rest for now...I'll make sure we save you."

A bed away, Elfman was watching Evergreen with his arms crossed. He tentatively reached down to clasp her hand for a moment, "I'll be sure to pay them back for this..."

With their goodbyes said, the two siblings joined the others in the hall with a burning pit of anger in their stomachs. The Master was now firing up the guild to a boil.

"Our enemy is Tartaros! They're the final corner of the Ballam Alliance with Oracion Seis and Grimoire Heart...the both of which we have destroyed! We shall do the same to Tartaros! Let them rue the day they made us their enemy! Our comrades have been mortally wounded! Their pain is our own! The blood they bleed is our own! We will use this pain to ignite our fighting spirit and bring these enemies down!"

"We are not justice! We move by our own wills! We shall put all our bonds and pride on the line and eliminate all our family's enemies!"

"HELL YEAH!"

--------------------------

A day later in a small, seaside town, Sora, Lucy, Wendy, Lucas, and Carla met up with the former council member Michello. The man was a small, catlike individual with a grumpy streak.

Lucy finished explaining the situation, "...therefore, we'll be around here for a bit as your personal bodyguards. Or rather, we need you to let us protect you."

"I appreciate the thought, but to be frank, it's a bother," Michello grumbled, "Moreover, how did you get this address?"

Lucas approached the old man with a grin, "Now, now, is that any way to speak to a fellow cat?"