39- My Childhood Memories

Start from the beginning

"Hobi, I will call your mother if this happens again!" Mom threatened our closets family friend jokingly, which he wasn't aware of ever, making me break out into an even greater laughter than before. Her eyes were furiously narrowed down to the young boys while I stood behind her, watching their fear filled faces wash pale with anxiety.

He almost fell to his knees and hugged mom's legs when he heard the usual statement. "Mrs. Lee I'm sorry! I won't do it ever again!"

I loved my mom, not only because she never failed to protect me from the boys but moreover for the fact of her sense of humor and care for all of us. One could clearly see how much effort she put into everything that regarded Kyan and me, and I dared to say she loved Hobi almost as much as she did us.

December 2986 - 3 months prior.

"They talked about it again." Kyan towered over me as I sat on the edge of my small bed, watching the pattern of the bedsheets before my eyes were drawn to his in an instant. "They talked about the Palace and the royals again."

As I stood up from my sitting position, I almost crashed into him. I was curious, nervous, furious but most obviously excited for his news that he informed me about with a rather sad expression on his face. He had changed a lot these months, grown taller, adapted sharper features on his face gradually and his voice had even dropped- even if it was barely anything I perceived it as if it had been an entire octave. He was already eleven years old, brave enough to eavesdrop every time our parents talked in privacy.

"Again? What were they saying?" I enclosed his arm in my hands and dragged him to sit down on the bed comfortably, hoping for his tensed features to soften once he could settle down and relax, but I was yet to perceive that it would not happen this time.
"Kyan?"

"They were saying weird things, Am." His eyes were strictly fixed on the door through which he had just entered our room, while his body remained stiff on the bed. He bat his eyelashes a few times, silence engulfed as sooner than it ever had.

I shook his shoulders slightly to wake him up from what seemed like a shock or trance, looking up into his eyes with hope in my very own. "Just tell me Kyan! I can stand when you're keeping such exciting things from me!"

"They were thinking about how to say goodbye to our family and Hobi's family." After moments of silence after his first statement, he eventually turned his head to mine and our eyes locked in a moment of ultimate truth and fear. My lips trembled and so did his as he spoke his next few words. "I'm scared, Am."

"Goodbye? Are we going on vacation finally?" I grasped his arm with joy in my eyes, the previous irritation and faded from my face within a slip second. "Are we going to visit uncle and aunt over in Hora?"

He let his body fall back on the bed and sighed in exhaustion after hearing my question, covering his face with his arms as he crossed them over his face loosely. "I don't know Amathis, I don't get it. Why would they talk about our Royal's and then about saying goodbye? Maybe it also has to do with that weird thing they suddenly stopped talking about."

"You mean this Eden?" I stressed my last word weirdly since its meaning remained unknown for the two of us our entire lives. In spite of the two of us trying hard to somehow understand it through our parents countless conversations, we never managed to grasp and comprehend it entirely.

"Yeah this Eden." He turned his head to me when I laid down in my back as well, right next to him. "Do you think it's like a special city? Or, a holiday resort or something that they wanted to take us to for years and now the royals decide to gift us the journey?" Even though his statement was quite funny and thrilling, the frown in his face never left.