Chapter Four

Don't forget to vote if you liked, and follow me for more! I'm also already getting an idea for a new G/T, so you might be getting two soon! :D Also if you didn't already know, I've written another G/T called His Little Doll!

_____________________________________________________

Darren meanwhile had done his best to wash the tiny clothes without tearing the delicate fabric. One thing he couldn't place is what it was made of. It couldn't be animal hide, and it wasn't normal fabric, so what in the world could it be? He'd have to ask her later, curiosity was getting the better of him. 

As he walked back to the bathroom, the now dry clothes in his hand he paused at the door and lightly knocked with a sigh. "Carrie?" He called softly, hoping she was done. As he waited for a response, his heart twisted in a small panic when he didn't get one. "Carrie?" He called again, grabbing the doorknob. Once he didn't get another response, he just went inside and looked around the room. Carrie wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Carrie dried herself off with the cloth the human brought her, then grabbed the cloth he brought her to use as clothes and thought a moment, wrapping it around herself and used a safety pin she found on the counter to hold it up. Adjusting it in the mirror, she made it look like a dress the best she could, humming quietly as she looked at the string Darren brought in as an idea struck her. 

Using the string she slid off the counter onto the handle of the drawer and yelped quietly as she clung to it, carefully and slowly letting go and balanced herself as she tied the string to the handle, lowering the rest to the ground. Even though it was still a good foot drop, she slid down the string and held onto the end before letting go.

Landing on the floor, her ankles stung from the drop but she didn't bother as she took off across the floor, looking around. There had to be somewhere she could hide right? She didn't like the idea of being stuck in a humans house, no matter how warm it was. She wanted somewhere she could go and just hide, somewhere she could be by herself if she didn't want the human to bother her. Nearby, she saw a bathroom cabinet that had a bit of space underneath it and with a small smile, she took off towards it just as she heard her name called. 

Not wanting to be bothered, she crawled all the way back until she was against the wall. Then she heard her name a second time. Was that panic in his voice she heard? No, it couldn't have been. What reason would he have to panic? The door opening made her jump, and laying on her stomach she was able to watch his large shoes walking around the floor, which vibrated under each step. 

Darren looked around the counter top, spotting the string that led to the floor. Did she run away? That was the first thing that crossed his mind as panic began to set in. She was so small and fragile to be out there on her own! Sure, she'd survived before, but she's also injured after falling into the hole! "Carrie?!" He nearly shouted as he walked around the floor, watching his feet as he searched for the tiny girl.

Flinching at the loud voice, she shot a glare at him even if it was only his feet and carefully made her way out from under the cabinet. She didn't want him to see where she was so that she could come back here if she wanted to be alone. That was when she took off across the floor to the open bathroom door, hoping to get out before he spotted her.

Seeing movement out of the corner of his eye, Darren looked at the floor to see her dashing across it and he reacted without thinking, his hand shooting out and grabbed her in a fist before she could get too far as he raised her up to eye level. "Where were you?!" His voice boomed by her ears, even though there were panic and worry in it.

Carrie's head throbbed from the sudden loud voice, and she couldn't bring her arms up to cover her ears considering the way he was holding her. Instead, she began to tremble from fear, figuring she made the human angry. Closing her eyes tightly she tried to blink back tears but couldn't fight them back as they began to slowly run down her face, her voice catching in her throat as she tried to talk.

Realization began to set in as Darren watched tears begin to leave trails down her face, and a frown tugged at his lips. He scared her, which was something he was certainly trying not to do. "C-Carrie..." He said quietly, making his voice much more soft and gentle as he tried to calm her down, moving her small body into his palm. "I-I'm so sorry."

She ignored his apology even after she was placed in his palm, wrapping her arms tightly around her knees, still shaking like a leaf.  She didn't dare speak as she closed her eyes tightly until she felt movement and was suddenly dumped out of his palm onto a soft surface and she looked around panicked only to find it was a giant pillow. Slowly, she turned her green eyes up to him.

His hand fell over her, depositing her washed clothes beside her. "Here," Darren said with a frown. "I'll leave the room so you can change and I'll make dinner while you do. If you're hungry, then I'll take you downstairs with me when I come up to check on you. If not, I can get you a decent place to sleep. In the meantime, though, like I said, change and relax. I really am sorry." Looking away, he left the room and quietly closed the door behind him. 

Once he was outside the room, Carrie took the safety pin of the cloth she was using as clothes and removed it, grabbing her own and swiftly pulled them on as she looked around the giant bedroom. A T.V., dresser, closet, bookshelf and a large window. Then, of course, the bed she was standing on. Rubbing her bruised arm, she just sat on the pillow and lowered her head. He was rather terrifying, but she had to admit, he was really just trying to help. He'd just have to be careful. She hopes things will get better soon. Maybe, just maybe.