Chapter 16 - Love Daddy

Chapter 16

After the crowd was calmed and everyone had quieted down Kaitlin called out in a tone she never
thought she might achieve. 

“My friends, my family, my fellow shifters the time has come. We must train so that we can overcome.They are coming and we need to be ready. We must be in the best shape of our lives. Prepare. Males prepare your homes. Ready your mates and babes for what is to come. I want to lose no one and save everyone. If your neighbors are unable to do for themselves please help them. If your neighbors are able to do for themselves but are too lazy to prepare; do not assist. If the lazy amongst us has a spouse or children that are unable to prepare well prepare extra to help the ones who are unable to do for them self. We will take care of those that are willing to work and be strong. Even the weak will find strength. The lazy though will learn there is no one to do for them. If they learn there is no one to prop themselves on they too will become strong. Together we will strengthen ourselves and our families. We must prepare to protect our families. Remember that if they are shifters, no matter what kind, they are your brothers and sisters. Your mothers, your fathers, your sons, and your daughters; we are all one family and we protect our family. As the time comes we will all come out of our comfort zones and not back down.” With that Kaitlin turned and reentered the farm house. 

Once the three got inside they moved quickly to the dining room. Luke kept his hand on Kaitlin's arm as if escorting her. Kaitlin thought for a second before she glanced at her longtime friend and confidant. 

“So what am I supposed to call you? It seems weird now that you won't be Shad anymore.” Kaitlin
stated while Luke moved her into his arms. 

She loved the feeling of safety and power that flowed through her as a result of their connection. Luke leaned in and placed soft kisses on her neck and suckled her skin leaving her all tingly inside. As Luke's kisses got rougher Shad seemed to get agitated. 

“My name is Shane Walker. You can call me Shane, Shad or whatever. I will answer to whatever you
deem me worthy of being called your highness.” Shad answered. At Shad's words Luke growled. 

“This is my mate and you will back off. I won't let you interfere anymore.” Luke snarled at Shad. 

“Stop it you two before y'all even get started.” Kaitlin tried to distract them but they had tuned her out.
She stepped between them to try to keep them from any more tiffs with one another but that seemed to make it worse. As soon as she stepped in front of Luke he tried to push her behind him. When Shad saw Luke attempt to move her, he rushed forward to make sure Luke kept his hands off her. As soon as Shad touched Kaitlin Luke slammed into Shad which sent him to the floor. A full on scuffle started on the dining room floor. Not sure how to break them up Kaitlin grabbed the pitcher of ice water from the table and tossed it on them. She had always heard to turn a hose on fighting dogs.

Well let’s see how well ice cold water works. 

 The guys parted from each other and tried to get to their feet. 

“This is bull. I will not have you two acting like a couple of teenage show offs. If y'all can’t behave around each other then I will schedule time with each of you and that will be so not cool. Please try hard to get along. Y'all are trying my nerves. Let me tell you I don't have many to try right now. Now let’s behave shall we?” Kaitlin ranted at the dripping guys. 

They both bowed their heads as if she had just shamed them both. With a sideways glimpse at each other they both started to blather off at the same time.