Ch7 i know what i heard

Start from the beginning

hills..trees...grass.. nothing out of the ordinary...i closed my eyes and listened hard....nothing.

i opened my eyes and tilted my head back,and took a deep breath.... nothing smelled out of the ordinary either..... maybe it was just my imagination.

......No, I couldn't just leave it to chance, my instincts taught me better.

i jumped down off the 30 foot wall."

i need to find Sanchos."

i found him on the other side of the castle near the garden "Sanchos!!"

"Eli,you know your not supposed to be away from your post." he walked up to me

"i,i think i heard something." i said not to sure of myself.

"you think,or you know?"he questioned

"I Know" did i?

"what did it sound like?"

"i...i don't know" i didn't know,i don't even think i heard anything.

"oh,come on now,was it humans,dogs,foot steps what."

"I Don't Know...I don't know what is was,i just heard something.we need to prepare the Army." i said and went to go do so.

"whoa hold your horses,i'm not going to gather 300 man, just because of some hunch."

"fine we don't need the Army,just the Elites."

"Eli, let me see if I can get this straight, you don't know what you heard, did you smell anything?" i shook my head. "Did you see anything?" i shook my head again. "so, you didn't see anything, you didn't smell anything, there's no sign of a human for miles around,and you want me to ready the Army....?"

"Look i..i just have a bad feeling."

"... I'm not telling 300 soldiers to suit up just because you had a feeling" he went to walk away,but i grabbed his shoulder.

"Just the Elites,theres only 9,thats all we need, and even if it is some hunch... better safe than sorry"

"wasn't it you who always said to, trust our instincts"i so nicely pointed out

"Eli,the humans haven't attacked in years" he started walking away again.

"That's just my point... you're long overdue"

with a heavy sigh Sanchos nodded.

Sanchos readied The Army and told them to suit up quietly,i was sure this was going to be a surprise attack,but we were going to be one step ahead of them,the Army gathered just behind the Kingdom walls and entry gate. 50 soldiers 9 Elites. the Elites stood the Front Line, even though I wasn't an Elite,Sanchos had me stand the Front Line.

Actually I wasn't sure what I was, I don't even think I had a Title. but i knew I wasn't part of the Army.i was just a look out Scout.... was that my Title?

"well were are they?" Kane, asked impatiently,

"They'll be here" i answered staying focused on the wall.

"will they Eli, because I don't see that happening" Kane's tone was really starting to piss me off.

"Look, I know what I heard."

"For All You Know It Could Have Been a Squirrel!" Kane stepped out of line,and got in my face.

"Keep your voices down" Sanchos whisper/yelled as he shoved Kane back in the line.