Chapter 64

They danced and kissed. Each enraptured in the other's company. The drinks were served and they sipped at it. Neither wanting to lose awareness of this time they had together.

It was much later when the song changed to romantic tracks that they actually started to move in tune with the music. "Come on, lets take a spin on the dance floor," murmured Dash finally, with a swift grin that provoked her own wide beaming smile and that was promptly kissed away. Dash slid a hand down yo the small of her waist before finally releasing her lips. He bit off a muffled oath at her passion glazed look and tighted his hand at the small of her back as he moved to guide her out the door.

The crowd closed in around them but Nina was already held tightly against Dash's lean length. He guided her out onto the dance floor and kept his arms wrapped about her the whole time.

The music was intoxicating. But no more so than the man she was being held against. He moved like liquid fire. Rotating his hips in a smooth move that was surely illegal in these parts of the world. Igniting a heat of her own along the way. Nina allowed her limbs to loosen in his arms and melted against him so that she swayed to the beat her body insync with his.

They allowed the music to drown all else out. Just the two of them. Nina turned up wide dotting eyes and took in his own droopy blue glint. Sliding her hands into his dark curls, she took in a deep unsettling breath and allowed her ribcage to fall heaving softly against his. The breath left her lips in a pant drawing his own lips to hover near.

She moved in closer and he bit off a groan and drew back. Then he was edging in closer and the sudden awareness of their surroundings had her jolting back.

Nina looked around frustrated.

"Let's get out of here," demanded Dash in a tone that brooked no denial.  Not that any was forthcoming.  Why had she ever been dumb enough to want to go clubbing with him. They were better off in the hotel suite. More importantly on the bed within the suite. And preferably naked while at it.

Nina shivered with heated anticipation. And Dash narrowed his eyes at her with renewed determination. Using an impressive display of pure brawn, Dash carved out a path from the middle of the dance floor making straight for the exit.

Their limo was summoned without delay and then they were absconded within its plush confines, resuming in the intimacy they had been sharing as if they never left off.

Nina was bundled back onto his lap and his hands plunged into her hair tousling it into disarray as he wrestled with her to angle her head every which way better to receive his attentions. Open mouthed kissess and dipping in more and more for the addictive taste. They each were as potent as any narcotic drug to the other.

Clinging hard in long lingering voluptuous kisses that simply went on and on, it was a very dazed Nina who emerged from the limo at the endof the ride. She was not even aware of the passage through maze of people at the busy hotel lobby and packed lift that only served to ensure he held her closer than was necessary till they were finally back in the privacy of their suit of rooms.

The cool chill of the air conditioned room was welcoming but that didn't stop them from helping the other shed what had become unnecessary layers of clothing. Frantic haste was interspersed with longing kisses. Craving need was interspersed with loving adoration. Tears of frustration mingled with cries of pleasure and groans of desire. Lingering caress gave way to coarse strokes and raw need.

It was a while later that they emerged from the haze of passion to discover reality hadn't changed at all. Nina still held on to her secrets and Dash still warred with himself over his need to know against his need to cling on this shade of happiness he had already found with her.

But if the past had thought him one thing it was it will continue to haunt you until you set it to rest.

"Nina?" He rumbled out her name questioningly in a hoarse whisper, and felt her sigh of surrender before she turned in his arms to finally tell him all.

"I love you Dash Arlington," Nina murmured under her breath almost as if to herself before she rounded out her courage to raise her head and look him in the eye before she said," My dad was abusive to my mother and he killed her and himself in that accident. Only it wasn't. Wasn't an accident that is. He wanted to kill her. So he did. It didn't matter that he died in the process.  It didn't matter that I could have died too. No, his only thought was his need to kill her. To make sure that she died. That she c died knowing he was the one who killed her. Killed me even. I wasn't sure if her screams had been in terror from facing her own death or had she spared a fear for me. I don't know. I don't really know what was supposed to have happened. I know only that I was supposed to die that day only I didn't."