Chapter 42

Nina remained a little befuddled as she went about avoiding Dash and preparing for bed at the same time. Drawing on her pjs she delayed returning to the room for the longest time possible. Knowing Dash and living with Dash turned out to be two completely separate things. Just as loving him and marrying him was.

Nina stared at her unmade up face. Devoid of artifice, it looked back at her as cluelessly as she looked at it. Then a big yawn errupted stretching her mouth wide open and bringing tears to water her eyes.

Sleep beckoned and this was no rational behavior, to hide out in the bathroom.  One with no locks on the door, too.

She grumbled under her breath and made her way out snapping the lights off as she went. Dash was already a delicious temptation in bed. The bed covering created an enticing mound over him. Nina approached cautiously from the otherside and lifted her end of the covers gingerly so as not to disturb the already quietly slumbering predator.

There was no need to wake the beast and have him set about devouring her paltry resistance all in the efforts to keep much needed sleep at bay. She yawned again mightily and settled comfortably beneath her covers. But the draw of the warm male body beside her proved too great. Luring her away from the fringes of deep sleep time and again as he shifted into and away from her throughout the night.

There was a conundrum in that itself.  She couldn't take the moments of partings when he turned to face his edge of the bed. Nor could she take those moments when he quite literally moved over her. Throwing limbs abandoned in her direction. On her even. She huffed out an angrily breath then before turning and tossing as she wiggled her way free. It took half the night before she finally sank into the complete oblivion of deep sleep.

The morning alarm felt unusually shrill. Nina woke up with an unpleasant snap. Feeling as if she'd only just shut her eyes to sleep, she turned with groggy reluctance to slap the irritating alarm off.

And was prodded for her efforts by a very much awake hard on. Dash's breath fanned hotly across her cheek and his hands closed about her waist to draw her back against him tightly. His hip flexed into hers in a jerk that rattled her whole being. So that it was through gritted teeth that she managed her snarl of disgruntlement.

Dash's chuckle was warm and thrilling drawing a reluctant smile to twitch the corners of her lips.

"Good morning, darling," he murmured huskily in her ear, sending a flush of awareness flooding more than just the soft skin of her cheeks. Desire pooled unbidden in the heated core setting her limbs to tremble with delicious anticipation of being pleasantly mauled by the most appealing man on earth.

Shivers ran down her spine and broke out all over her skin at the merest brush of hot air released from his panting breath. He sounded as agitated as she felt. And all he was doing was running his hands up and down her arms in languid caresses while his hips pushed persistently into hers.

His hot mouth opened over her neck. Kissing and impatiently suckling at the tender skin. His grip on her strengthen as his control clearly slipped a bit. His fingers dug intoher soft flesh and he held her to him even more tightly then before, clearly trying to mesh closer into her. To fuse them both together. His mouth on her grew feverish in their demand and his torso lifted to lean over her insistently. Pressing into her chest, causing her to twist back painfully.  She cried out.

"Hush, darling. I got you," he murmured hoarsely, his hands shifting up from their hold about her waist to clasp about her heaving breasts. They sunk in there. Forging an imprint of his palm into their softness. His face burried against her throat, leaving furious kisses at random as he nuzzled his way up, clearly leading up towards her parted lips.

She panted in open anticipation. Forgetting for the moment of her fears over his kisses. Seduced by the heat between them to forget that incident in the past. Nina was too far gone in the attentions he lavished upon her. She didn't fear his kisses anymore.  She actually begun to crave having his lips latched onto hers. Her mouth parted in shameless invitation.

The glint in his fiery blue gaze lit up like a spark. And his lips honed in towards her trembling and parted petals, teady to drink in her lust... and her love.

But then the door bell pealed loud and long. Nina and Dash jerked apart at the unexpected interruption. Panting hard, they stared at each other in clear confusion.

Then as one they turned to face the door. There could be only one person who would be here first thing in the morning.

Thinking of that person had Nina shoving Dash aside and leaping off the bed in renewed anger. She had so much to say to the woman who sired Dash Arlington and she couldn't wait to get started.