Chapter 30

Nina fretted all the way. 

She had no idea what her bother and sister were going to think seeing her draped all over Dash's arms as she would be. She looked down at the hand he held securely on his knee. Lifting it ever so often to kiss her knuckles or rub his open mouth over the back of her hand. Her cotton panties were already drenched in anticipation over the night ahead. And that feeling of lust rivaled her fears. So that she wast a fidgety bit of pure anxiety when Dash pulled his Cayane over at the jockey booth of The Clove. He tossed his keys carelessly at the teen that came running up and then Dash was opening her door and all but hauling her out.

He looked excited. Eager even to be meeting her family in an official capacity. Nina still wasn't sure what to think about it all herself. Yet she was unable to do much else but run after him. Lengthening her strides as much as she could to match his. With her hand clasped firmly in his warm grip, it was either run tittering on her heels at his side or fall flat on her face. So she ran. Muttering vague and incoherent explicit as she did.

Dash marched confidently to the bar as if he owned it. He probably did. But she wasn't going to ask. The Arlingtons had a finger in every pie in the city, so she wouldn't be surprised to find he had a stake at The Clove. 

The Clove was a classy joint. Playing contemporary music that celebrated local and struggling artists. So the music heard was unique and therefore interesting. A group was performing in the center stage. With the club layout in a spiraling descent the center stage really was in the center of the glossy dark dance floors, couples were already dancing to various beats around the eclectic music group. A sassy singer was singing in deep jazz like tones to the rhythm produced by a double bass, a cello, an electric guitar, violin , drum set and a tabla. The odd collection was assisted by a DJ beat that sent the tunes produced to another level. Nina couldn't help her own bobbing head or swaying hips as trotted along Dash's impressive side. Then his large hand closed over that hip. Curving possessively over her rump as he dragged her closer still to his large person. Nina felt oddly small and petite. Even sexy, as she was forcefully made to lean into him. But she looked up to meet his gaze questioningly only to find it pinned at someone over her shoulders. His hand moved to grip her securely in a band about her waist.

Nina turned to find Nial, starring daggers right at him. She was momentarily elated to find her mode of escape but that thought was short lived simply because she knew there would be no escape. Dash was inescapable. Especially when he'd set his mind on something. Or someone. Nina knew she needed to protect Nial from Dash. Because the fall out between the two would only see Nial hurt. So she glanced around him urgently. Looking to find Nancy and secure her help because Dash was not going to release his hold on her anytime soon and that was the once aggravation that was raising Nial's protective instincts.

"Nina?" Nancy's uncertain hesitation in calling out her name had her spinning to twist awkwardly in Dash's unrelenting hold to smile feebly at her sister. 

"Nancy!" She called out and then used every expression she could to pointedly convey her worry over the two glaring men.

"Nial!" Called out Nancy, instantly catching on to severity of the problem. She had encountered much the same issue when she begun dating Jeff. Only Nina was not dating Dash. She wasn't at all sure what she was doing with him, but she doubted it was anything as mundane as dating. She pushed subtly against Dash's hold on her and then not so subtly before she gave up to simply hang there in his grip. 

Her out of sorts expression had Nancy laughing. Then Jeff moved in to the rescue. He smoothly greeted Dash with all the respect of a close friendship and an acknowledgement to societal status. 

"Dash Arlington. Good to see you man. Fancy seeing you here with our little Nina," said Jeff Lloyd Thompson, reaching out an arm to shake Dash's hand respectfully, even as his gaze wondered between them consideringly. Nina frowned. There was nothing little about her and she was older than Nancy too. But she didn't point that out. Instead she turned baleful eyes on Nancy, looking to her for explanation. 

"Jeff," Dash murmured acknowledging his greeting but keeping his eyes trained on Nial. 

Then Nial spoke, "How do you two know each other?" he nodded towards Nina," Nina has never mentioned you." 

"Hasn't she?" Dash looked down at Nina accusingly. But Nina merely lifted her nose defensively. What was she to tell about him, about them? That he was her fairly regular abductor? That he had this weird idea she belonged to him? That he was clearly insane? That he had no respect for her privacy or her wishes or her anything? 

Nina was busy fuming over all the possible reasons she could give Nial for not mentioning Dash's existence in her life since she was a kid, that she missed out on Dash response to Nial... for all of two seconds too late.

"Nina and I are lovers. She's my live in partner. And...'" Dash paused dramatically. "Nina is my fiancee."