Chapter 36

Dash pulled up into his slot. Nina was quick to step out of the vehicle. To escape the tensions within. Sexual tensions that left her wanting. She moved around the car, not meeting Dash's dark gaze as he stepped into the private lift with her.

"Don't take long. We have a dinner engagement tonight," he murmured hoarsely.

Nina cleared her own throat before asking," Dinner? Where?"

"The Ritz. Its a charity I contribute to. And then there's of course the business association that goes hand in hand," he muttered with a heavy sigh.

"Why do you push yourself so hard? You already had your millions, there was no need to go out of your way to amass your billions," said Nina, an age old lament, she had huffed out over time, on seeing him so tired out from his efforts. There had been time a plenty in the past, when he had fallen asleep from sheer exhaustion, resting his head in her lap.

"I know. That's why I want to marry you. I am done chasing after billions. I long for something more now. You and all the little ones we will make together," said Dash, huskily, before reaching out to take her hand in his.

"It was the drive of a restless youth, wanting to prove to my dad, that I had no need for his money or him either," said Dash, softly without the pointed bitterness that usually followed his words along the lines of his parents divorce.

"Do your parents know of your sudden interest in marrying me?" Nina asked suddenly. She'd met his parents only once before and that only when Dash had insisted she gate crashed an Arlington party to help herself to their feast. And help herself she did and was caught for her efforts with her mouth stuffed full of tarts by none other than his mother.

Dash had thoughtfully come to the rescue then and escorted her out himself only rather than letting her out the front door, he had taken her to his room. That had been the first time she'd set foot into his private sanctum.   The room had held the usual assortment of boyish toys and was decorated with a lavish display of wealth but it had come across as oddly bleak to her. Cold and bleak.

A pattern he maintained till this day with his own condo of apartments.

"I did mention it to them. Dad was not too interested to know the details and mum wanted to know who you were. She wants to meet you and quite possibly disuade you from marrying me," said Dash grinning ruefully.

"She won't need to say much to disuade me especially as I haven't accepted the offer of marriage you haven't yet made," said Nina dryly.

"Semantics," declared Dash, brushing aside her complaints as not important. "You know you will wed me just as I know I will wed you. That is all that matters."

Dash resolutely refused to meet her incredulous look then, chosing to stare straight ahead at the closed elevator doors. She muttered a muffled oath of despair and hurried out ahead of him as soon as the doors opened on his floor. To own the entire top floor of the building made for a lot  of room to put space between them but Dash had clearly mastered the art of dodgedly keeping at her feet. No matter where she went, he was there,every step of the way and right at her side.

"Have you lost your way," he said then musingly. And she huffed out an agitated breath, stopping short of calling him all sorts of names. Names ending with Pompous. His new surname.

His chuckle was loud and husky and she realized she hadn't managed to keep all of those name calling as silent as she would have liked.

"You are a pure delight, darling, " he whispered softly, sending shockeaves of excitement spiraling through her blood. The tensions never far came crashing back with heady effect. Nina swayed on her feet, glaring daggers at him even as she leaned towards him with uncontrollable longing. His hands were swift to brush up her sides before resting on her shoulders to give her a quick but rough squeeze and then he shoved them apart.

"Don't test me, Nina," warned Dash, darkly. "I could have you stripped naked and with me burried so deep inside you, you won't even be able to breath. I could ravage you so good, you wouldn't be able to walk straight for a month. I could do things to you, your sweet little mind, could never have imagined possible. You belong to me. The sooner you accept that the better."

He took another couple of steps back at that. Leaving her trembling and heaving with want and fear. The intensity of his gaze held her in place. Held her together. Until his next words sent her off into near convulsions. Panic flooded her bloodstream then.

"Wear something nice," he said softly. "Mother may just make an appearance tonight. Just to meet you.  And warn you off."

Dash nodded in the direction of his bedroom door and Nina turned and fled. Already in pure panic mode over what to wear. She had nothing but work clothes with her and the urge to turn around and berate Dash was great. Only she couldn't. Knowing that he'd meant every word he uttered. A finger on him would see her flat on her back and writhing naked beneath his own lunging body.

A delicious sensation of thrills spiraled through her to settle in her aching nether parts. She all but pulsated and throbed for him.

Unable to think straight about anything, Nina reached for her most severe looking business suit and highest heels before grabbing a pair of serviceable underwear and dashing off into the bathroom. She showered and got dressed swiftly before removing herself to the vanity to work on her make up. Drawing out the war paint of bronzers and blushers alike, she set about applying her base and was dabbing on highlights over her cheeks and around the curve of her lips when Dash walked in.

Nude, aroused and unashamed. He strutted right up to her. To reach an arm around her, clasping an open palm about a heaving breast and giving her a yelp worthy squeeze. He all but growled with impatiencein her ear before grounding his front against her behind and then he was gone, stepping into a cold shower.

Nina stood there trembling with awareness and fighting her own aroused senses. The urge to throw off her clothing and dive under the spray with him was overwhelming. It took a mighty effort on her part to teach reach down and right her clothes before finishing off her make up.

The flush to her cheeks was not all blusher at this point but it was too late to rework her efforts. She powdered up the best she could and hoped the dramatically lined smokey eyed look would draw the attention away from her heated cheeks. The feverish light in her eyes certainly demanded attention but she wasn't sure having onlookers gape at that instead of her flushed cheeks was any better an option.

Sighing heavily she turned to march out of the bathroom. Pausing only to slip on her heels, she stopped by Dash's walk in closet and helped herself to one of his many neckties. Settling for a bow and a red adjustable cummerbund. She resembled a voluptuous female clad in tux and pivoted on thin high heels.

At short notice, this was the best she could do.