Chapter 27

"Let me go!"

"Never!"

"Dash!"

"Nina!"

The mulish expression they both wore told the other not to expect the impossible. So with a resigned sigh, the called out a truce.

Dash lifted his hands up placatingly.

"Look Nina, you'll be living here from now and its best you just get used to it. This is your new home."

Nina turned then to look at this. And was not impressed. The place was stark white and grey with shadows of black. Furnishing was sparse. Walls were devoid of pictures or mirrors. The later was acceptable on the account of the mirror that ran along the lengths of an entire wall. But that just served to make an already enormous amount of space seem yet even more.

The high ceilings, unusual in itself, didn't help any.

Nina felt like Anne only instead of tumbling down a rabbit hole, she had inadvertently been boxed up.

Nina moved away from Dash and this time he clenched his hands onto fists to permit her. She made her way over to the large grey sofa and perched on the very edge of it to stare unseeingly at the dark empty screen of the smart tv. She could see herself here, on this very seat gazing ahead unseeingly at that very screen day in day out. It was not a pleasant snap shot of her future.

A future in captivity.

She knew she was being melodramatic.

"God I want to kiss you," came Dash's softly worded longing.

Nina's head jerked up to stare at him in horror.

"No thank you," she said promptly. A kiss was a horror that didn't need repeating. And sat up straight to fold her hands primly in her lap.

"Excuse me? " Dash raised an incredulous brow.

"You are excused! Go! And leave me alone," she said quietly.

Dash's sigh was audible as he made his way to her side but rather than joining her on the low lying sofa, he reached down to haul her back onto her feet and straight into his arms.

It appeared he has taken to hugging as his new avenue for venting out frustrations. If only she was immune. But the heat of him burned through the articles of clothing between them and had her sinking into his embrace in search of closer proximity to his heat.

Her arms went up involuntarily about his shoulders as she leaned in to grasp  him closer still. Her nose burried in his shirt, searching for and finding that part of him where the scent he was its strongest. She absently nuzzled into that spot and gripped him tighter still. Her eyes watered with repressed emotions. He was just so beautiful. And he was there in her arms.

They stood like that burrowed into each other, gripping at each other restlessly and only moving ever so often to find a closer grip, a better hold, more of each other to press further into.

There was no avoiding the helpless pleasure of simply being in each other's arms. Dash shifted abruptly then, jolting them mildly apart before yanking her back to slam up against him. Her muffled protest at parting shifted to a gasp then a sigh before turning to an outright groan.

Dash's hot lips were already busy pressing heated kisses all over whatever part of her was closest. Nina moaned for more yet kept her own lips willfully away from his searching ones.

They contorted and moved against each other, sometimes restlessly rubbing against the other and at other times deliberately parting so they could fall against the other, slamming into each other in rising urgency.

Dash reached out a hand to grip the back of her neck hard to first yank her fiercely against him and then sliding his hand into her thick hair to grip her scalp, before wraping her hair about his wrist to yank her head up.

She faced him then. Sensual pleasure alight across every feature entrancing him further into the web of passion. So that it was an enthralling moment later before his own glittering gaze tightened in renewed determination.

"I will have that kiss off you. Willingly  or otherwise," he breathed out his threat through a hoarsely husky tone that whilst impassioned still held that edge of steel that clearly said he would not be denied.