Chapter 44-Distance

Start from the beginning

Oh wait! I have a theory! May be the inner demon in me knew that he was my mate and that I would be safe with him. That's why the idea of leaving or protesting seriously never came into my mind or otherwise I am seriously abnormal. I could live either way since all my life and family members are abnormal. I love Angelina, I really do but I might like my brother a tiny weesy bit more. It could be because I never had a brother figure in my life.

I acted the big sister part to Gabbs but now I have that big sister in life which is a little difficult to imagine because as far as I remember I thought of her as a cute creature but she really feels and acts the big sis part. So it is good overall. And my brother, Dmitri, is a very tall and bulky guy. His height exceeds my father, very bulky and ripped body with muscles, one glare from him and one can die without looking back, he is really that scary person the personification of demons.

 By the way demons and angels here aren't the same as the demons and angels we think. Angels have white wings, some powers like the other supernaturals, very white skin giving the effect of glowing and gentle creatures giving off the feeling of angels and are called so. They are not from heaven. Demons too are not from hell! They are huge, bulky, giants, ripped with muscles, scary or should I stern face, tough and a glare making people run for their lives and have super strength giving them the name of demons.

 They are not cruel but can be ruthless when they want to be. But Xander is very, very sweet to me. Every word from my mouth is like a command to him, oh! that might be exaggeration but he does everything I want and gives me everything I desire. If I had grown up with them in my teenage I would have been seriously spoiled since I am sure he won't refuse me anything no matter how bizarre or expensive the thing is, it will be before me within minutes.

He loves me dearly which by the way is very clear and I am so happy about it. He doesn't talk much but that's not a big deal since he shows it in his actions. I am really happy about that and my dad and mom, I am their princess and being the youngest has its own perks. The me who is always responsible(kinda) now get to behave like a spoiled princess. Hmm! I think me being a princess is a miracle in first place. 

My brother is really really cool. I love him so much! His mate would be very lucky. Wait he is my elder brother that means he is at least two hundred years elder than me. Blake whined about getting his mate late by a hundred years. If my guess is right Xander is around Blake's age or a few hundred years older than him. That means he should have a mate right?  Should I ask or shouldn't I? Is it a sensitive topic? What if he didn't find her yet or worse she died? No, no, no! NO negative thoughts! I had enough worries for my lifetime. I don't want to feel sad again or lock myself up in the room again. Should I take a risk?

"Bro?" I said slowly still hesitating whether or not I should ask him.

"Yes." He replied without missing a beat. Ugh! Even if I whisper something he hears and responds! Of course it is sweet to know that your bro cares about you so much and tends even to the smallest needs of yours but at times like it is annoying! Normal humans would not have responded with that low voice! Damn supernaturals! Uh! I guess I can't say that since I a also a supernatural creature now. I wonder if I go back to the human world after this will I be subjected to research because of supernatural traits? That's likely to happen.

"Sophie?" If you think that I zoned out like usual then you are wrong. I am purposefully trying to zone off to get him off my back but my brother wouldn't let go. So let it out! Why not?

"Doyouhaveamate?" I said in one breathe quickly.

"Pardon me! I couldn't get you." 

He gets what I say when I am hesitating and whispering but he doesn't get it just because I said a little quickly and wants me to repeat myself. I wonder why those supernatural abilities are of no use when the need arises. So should I repeat myself?