Chapter 20-Ball

Then I gasped shocked and my eyes went wide. I seriously didn't think this would happen.

Xavier noticed my reaction and asked me if I was alright. Everyone around me, I mean the group in which we are stopped talking. He sniffed and looked at my gown. I think he got an idea of what was going on. I chuckled seeing how unique and funny this situation is. All their eyes were on me. Currently we are talking with the Royalty of Angels along with their parents.

"You know when I said my gown is puffy that a child could hide in it,I didn't mean it and I didn't expect it to happen."

Xavier gave a smile in return and the royalty looked at me like crazy.

"Well! Who do we have here." I said in a sing-song voice and the grip on my leg tightened. I lifted my dress a little with dignity and made sure that it doesn't look gross, I don't know about anyone but I as sure don't want to go lifting my dresses in public. Xavier growled lowly. Yeah, his possessiveness decided to show up. There a kid stood clinging to my legs. He crouched a little and was up to my knees.  Glad that he decided to crouch and stand all the way up to reach further. Don't worry I wore white socks kinda thing, I don't know what you call that because as I said I never wore things like this before.

Xavier growled a little louder and said 'mine' trying to control himself from taking off the kid roughly from me. I noticed this and quickly lifted him.

"Hello there!" I smiled at him.

"I am sorry. I didn't think you would notice." He said smiling sheepishly.

"Yeah, I won't notice you going under my dress and holding onto my legs." I said raising my eyebrows.He blushed embarrassed. Good to know I am not the only one blushing today. I definitely didn't miss Xavier's growl when I mentioned holding my legs. Seriously, who will get possessive over a kid? Apparently my mate! 

"Daxton! What are you doing? That is so disrespectful to the princess." Elena, Queen of the angels scolded him. He cringed at her words.

" So I guess you are the prince of Angels." He puffed up his chest at those and I smiled at him.He is really cute. 

"You are so cute." I kissed his cheek.

"No, I am handsome." He said scowling. Aww! He is so cute.

"Yes, my prince. You are handsome." I said playing along with him and smiling.

"Thank you princess! You are beautiful too." With that he kissed my cheek and I giggled.

Immediately Xavier tightened his arms around me and pulled me into a side hug kinda thing. He gave me a tight lipped smile.

"That's enough. Hand him over to his parents."

I was shocked. He would be six or seven and he is becoming possessive over him.

"He is a kid."

"Who would grow up into a man." No words escaped my mouth. I stood frozen. He is not even a human so it would take centuries for him to grow up.

"Did you just say what I think you said." 

Elena laughed at this though I don't understand what's funny in this. This is not funny at all.

"I am sorry. Supernaturals are so possessive. Vampires are the most possessive ones. After them wolves, witches and next angels. My mate is an angel and I have a damn time managing his possessiveness. You are in for much more than me because your mate is a vampire and the king. So he will be possessive. It  is just his nature. Don't worry too much, in the end his love and need for you is also the strongest."