The Convenient Store

Karkat's POV

"Karkat!" Dave said snapping me out of my trance.

"Yes what is it?" I asked giving him my full attention.

"Do you want anything from the convenient store," he asked.

"Is it human or Alternian?" I asked.

He looked out the window then back at me, "I thinks it's a little bit of both."

"Good because Alternian stores only accept Alternian currency," I said.

"What're you planning on buying?" Dave asked.

"None of your business," I said quickly.

We got out of the car walking into the convenient store. Dave spent his time looking at the junk food while I was at the front counter buying a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I was planning on burning down the cabin as soon as we got the stuff we needed. 

After Dave got all the junk food we needed, he came to the front counter to purchase the food so we could leave already. All the while I was hiding the pack of cigarettes in my pocket. When we walked back to the car I tried to pull out a cigarette in secret only to have Dave eyeing the cigarette in my hand.

"Since when do you smoke?" he asked.

"Since I decided just now," I said making up an excuse.

"Okay just roll down the window I don't want any smoke in my face," Dave said.

I nodded rolling down the window. But as soon as I lit up the first cigarette I got another one of those flash backs.

/FLASH BACK/

I was once again reading one of my trashy romantic novels but this time I was doing it in the comfort of a recliner. I kept on reading until I saw Gamzee from the corner of my eye filming me. I'd hate to tell him that I won't show up in the film I might as well let him have his fun.

I put my book down to ask, "What are you doing?"

"Oh nothing just recording how beautiful you are," Gamzee said.

I felt a light shade of blush spread across my face, "Stop it you can't stay stuff like that your my moirail!" I said smiling.

"Well what if in the future we can become more than best friends?" Gamzee asked. 

"I  think I'd like that very much," I said smirking.

"And what if I said I wanted to kiss you right now?" he continued to ask.

"I'd say you better think about what your doing before you do it because I don't want to be your rebound guy," I replied.

"Your not is that what you think you are to me?" Gamzee asked putting the camera on the table as he sat across from me.

"Gamzee when I walked into this relationship I knew that's what I was going to be to you question is do you know?" I asked.

When I snapped out of it this time Dave had pulled over because I started crying. He wanted to make sure I was okay which was weird for someone who seemed to hate me. As soon as he made sure I was okay he made me give him the pack of cigarettes I bought but let me keep the lighter not knowing what I had planned.