Another Faithful Encounter

Dave's POV 

Jade shot me down for the billionth time today but I wasn't prepared to give up. After our heartbreaking break up I was bound and determined to do anything to win Jade back. I could tell she was getting annoyed and that I should probably stop while I'm ahead of myself because desperately flirting with her won't win her back what was I thinking. I sighed finally leaving her alone to play with her dog. I'm actually kind of jealous the mut gets more attention then I do! I watched her throw the green frisbee to Bec and I watched him bring it back. I watched Jade throw the frisbee to Bec and I watched him bring it back. I watched Jade throw the frisbee to Bec and I watched the frisbee hit some poor troll in the head. Holy shit ball the frisbee hit that poor troll in the head. 

Jade and I rushed over to the injured troll I knelt down holding the troll in my arms. I couldn't believe it but Jade could've accidentally given some poor troll a concussion that was a law suit waiting to happen. A few seconds later  his eyes opened blush rushing to his cheeks and I swear I saw a drip of blood come from his nose. It was like this guy was from one of my bro's animes. As soon as I made sure he was okay I straight dropped him getting off  the ground.

He quickly stood up wiping the blood  from his nose, " Well that was unnecessarily rude," he commented.

"I'm sorry what was that?" I asked.

"Dave I think you should apologize," Jade said.

"I should apologize? What about you you're the one who hit him in the head," I accused. 

"You're right Dave I did and I am so sorry for that I didn't mean anything by it," Jade said.

"It's quite alright I'm perfectly fine no harm was done it's just dropping me on the ground like that was unnecessarily rude," the troll said.

"Look I'm  sorry for dropping you there are you happy?" I asked.

"That'll suffice," he said.

I wanted to get the hell out of here but of course Jade was being unnecessarily friendly just like her dog.

"Hi I'm Jade and this is my boy- I mean friend Dave," Jade said introducing us.

"Hello I'm Karkat," the small smug little troll replied.

"It's very nice to meet you," Jade said as cheerful as ever.

"Its nice to meet you to Jade," Karkat said.

They started talking about how they were different species and that when I started to stare off into space. I couldn't give less of a fuck about their interspecies bullshit but then the topic of my shades came up. That's it I was about to lose all my shit first he takes my girl then he dissed my shades that's the last straw.

"Hold up you mean to tell me trolls don't wear shades?" I asked.

"They can it's just I've never seen a human wear them as much as you it really is quite odd how insecure about your eyes do you have to be to want to cover them up?" he asked.

I was about to punch the living daylights out of him until he uttered the next part of his sentence. "I'm sure if you showed them more often you'd get more recognition than you already do,".

Did he just flirt with me and Jade at the same time. I'm so done.

"Well thank you for taking time out of your day to talk to us but we have to go," I said grabbing Jade,

"Oh okay hey Jade if you wanna talk later without the third wheel you can always ask your friend over there in the black for my number I'm pretty sure she'd give it to you if you asked nicely nicely," Karkat said.

"Oh how do Rise?" Jade asked.

"I don't but Kanaya does," Karkat explained.

"Who?" Jade asked.

"Oh no one well I'll see you later" Karkat said, "Hey Kanaya you ready to go yet !" He called to a fashionable looking troll wearing a bright red dress.

She looked over at him before saying a few thing to our friend Rose and walking over to Karkat. Oh great another troll. Along with her red dress she was holding a black umbrella. She was taller then Karkat and the only things I knew about her was that her name was Kanay and she was possibly flirting with my sister.

"Well this is good bye for now see you around Jade," Karkat said walking off into the distance with his hot mom friend. WHat the fuck just happened here