Chapter 8 - Smash and Grab

Start from the beginning

"Let me know, if you do."

Lauren reached across and took Camila's hand. Thanks for stopping me from saying something to that vampire. I guess that's 2 I owe you."

"You don't owe me anything, I was protecting my mate. I know you would do the same for me. I love you Lauren and I want to do more than just protect you. I want to make you happy."

Lauren smiled. "Maybe it's this bonding but every moment I'm with you, I feel my attachment to you growing. I can't be live I'm saying this now but I love you. I know this is not the most romantic place to say it but I just wanted to say it. I may not be as strong as you or as deadly but I would protect you with my very last ounce of strength."

The girls smiled at each other as the bond between them continued to strengthen. Lauren could feel it building up insider her. It was closeness to Camila that she had never experienced with any other person. She also could feel her craving to have Camila near her. But Lauren sensed it was more than some imbalance. It was a an almost primal urge to mate and Lauren happily let that part of the wolf in her begin to grow.

The girls had a good dinner at the greasy spoon, taking their time to eat it. As promised the apple pie was first rate and they were both very satisfied as they left the diner.

"What if we encounter that thing?" Lauren asked.

Camila pointed down the street. "We prepare a bit just in case. Two stops, the dollar store and the catholic church just a little beyond it."

Lauren shrugged and went along. At the dollar store they got a couple of travel size bottles that you would normally put shampoo in. They then stopped at the church and filled them with Holy water.

"Now were prepared. Four bottles of Holy water, just in case." Camila said. "I was told one thing from an old timer. Try to get it in his eyes. The holy water will burn them and will temporally blind him. Though only for a few minutes."

Lauren took the bottles and tossed them in her glove box, next to a pair of scissors.

"That vamp is probably long gone, let's see if we can find a party." Camila said.

Lauren gave her a curious look. "Are you sure?"

Camila nodded. "Yea, besides, there will be at least 4 or 5 of our people patrolling around her for the next few hours."

Lauren started the car. "Then let's find a party."

They cruised around the campus a bit, trying to find a decent party. They saw one at a frat house, which they decided to avoid.

The eventually saw a bunch of people walking in one direction so they went that way. They found a party alright, but it was in the process of being busted by the cops. Several squad cars were parked outside of a huge house. Some partygoers were being given tickets by a bunch of real cops and a few were being arrested for various offenses.

As they cruised by, Lauren suddenly pulled over across the street.

"What gives Lauren? We aint't going to this party?" Camila said.

Jade pointed to the front lawn of the house. "There's that fucking vampire!"

Camila looked and amongst the real cops was the vampire from earlier. He was with a young blonde girl with a sorority Jacket on and appeared to be leading her away from the party. But he was leading her away from the other squad cars.

"Son of a bitch snuck in and grabbed a girl. The other cops think he's the real deal and he's just arresting yet another drunken partygoer."

"Fuck" Camila hissed. "If he gets away with her, she'll never be seen again."