Chapter 20

A small blanket is draped over her body, while she rests peacefully. Smiling I quietly close her door, walking the length to her before sitting on the floor. Leaning my back against the bed, my neck turned to see her soft face. The clip board sits on the side of me, but my attention is on her. Lips parted just a little as she breaths softly, making her hot breath fan outward. Eyes twitch before returning to their relaxed state, moving the blanket over her bare arms she sighs happily. As I sit more relaxed then I have been all month, I go over the party for Alpha Serge.

    It occurs to me that Fina will see the Alpha, frowning how am I gunna get out of this one. She’s not ready for that shock, and frankly I’m not ready to tell her. I can’t even link her, because even that will give away my title. Rubbing a hand over my face, my eyes revert back to her sweet face. Serge is going to have to tell his pack, but when she finds out it will make her furious. Its bad enough all my pack members know, if I were to complicate things further she’s bound to hate me more. Sometime I swear being Alpha has no perks, then again I suppose I could always think of something.
    After an hour or so I am linked that dinner is ready, knowing she needs to eat I force myself to wake her. Running my finger tips over her arms, she twitches causing me to smile. Yawning as I say her name, her lashes flutter till they grays peak out.

    “Jackson?” Rubbing her eyes, pushing herself up.
    “Hi love, dinners ready” Nodding she yawns again, causing a squeak to come out at the end. Blushing at the mouse like noise, she looks away.
    “Did you just squeak?” Playing with her.
    “No” Frowning, causing me to laugh.

    “If you say so love, come on” Holding my hand out to her. Placing her smaller one in mine, I help her up. Walking down with her, a few members nod their heads behind her. Smells of tonight’s dinner steams out of the kitchen as Kem walks out.
    “Fina, Sir” Nodding.
    “Hello Kem, coffee good?” She asks, winking which causes him to blush. He swallows down a piece of corn bread, before moving off to the side. Fina inters the kitchen grabbing two plates, handing one to me. Everyone eyes her, as I had completely forgotten that my plate is specially made. Damn these little things, taking the plate I link with Lisa.
    ~Give my plate to the Enforcer~
    ~Yes Alpha~

Smiling my way through it, Fina smiles back placing things on her plate as I do the same. Taking her hand before she heads to the dinning room, she looks puzzled.
    “Lets eat on the patio” Nodding to the outside.
    “Okay” Following me outside, the white patio furniture reflecting off the pool. Sitting down she growls, looking up she seems to have forgotten a drink.
    “I’ll be back”

    “Don’t, I’ll have it brought to you” Linking Lisa to bring her a drink, Lisa comes out smiling as she places our drinks on the table. Fina thanks her, before frowning at me.
    “That wasn’t necessary” Dropping in her chair.
    “Are you really going to fuss about it?” Chewing the corn bread.
    “It just doesn’t seem necessary, I have two perfectly good working feet.” Sipping her drink. Pausing as the folk is ready to enter my mouth, I grin at her.
    “You are something else, you know that?” Shrugging off my question, we eat. She seems perfectly content here, making my nerves at easy. I had been worried about the sudden transfer, and wanted to spend more time with her. But do to the out break that wasn’t possible, leaving the angel to fend for herself.

    “So what do you like to do Fina?”
    “What do you mean?” Sipping her lemonade.
    “Hobbies, likes dislikes?” Relaxing in my chair.
    “Oh, well I like to read…and paint”  Nodding I slip a arm being hind my head.
    “Do you have art supplies?”

    “No, I was going to get them at the mall…but” Her face sinks, causing me to hold down the protective growl for her breaking heart.
    “I understand. How about I have a member get you some things. That way you can do something for me” Lifting her head, she tilts it.
    “Like what?”
    “I need the nursery repainted. The woman have been fussing about the color, not that I see the problem with black.” Her face twists.
    “You painted the nursery black?”
    “Yes”