Chapter 6

~Fina~

I took his hand, maybe he could keep Jex away from me. Walking back into the large ball room, people were dancing around. As the music played something like classical, we headed to a back corner. There in the back holding a glass of something tonic, was a even taller man. His hair was jet black, along with his clothes. He had a similar mask on, only his was black. The blues of his eyes, popped with the dark contrast.

    “Jackson this is….” The man stopped, looking at me.
    “Fina” I answered, giving a weak smile.
    “Fina” He smiled, as he left me with his friend Jackson. Those blues watched my ever muscle twitch. Handing the glass to his friend, he smiled.
    “Thanks Kem” Looking at the man who walked me. It was weird, standing here with someone I didn’t know.

“So Fina, would you care to dance?” His hand proved to be larger then mine, as he waited for me to take it. My brain was saying no, as I looked up to answer his smell made me rethink. Jex was headed this way, and for the life of me I didn’t want to be anywhere near that man.

    “Yes” Quickly taking his hand, and leading us onto the floor. Pulling him closer to me, I hid from Jex like some nerd from a bully. It proved to work, Jackson’s size was remarkably bigger then mine and he acted like a wall. Sighing it dawned on me, that I was slow dancing with a man I knew nothing about. His hands were strong, but applied the right amount of pressure to my lower back.

    Not once did he attempt to cop a feel, which I found refreshing since all the guys I knew were perverts. The song was nice, and as we turned slowly I forgot all about Jex. This was nice, his warmth on me felt nice. The smell he gave off was must and honeysuckle, which seemed to suit him nicely. I mentally slapped myself for feeling all gooey in his arms, as he leaned his head to me.
    “You look stunning” My cheeks flared as his peppermint breath, whisked my ear.
    “Thank you” Whispering back, as it was about all I could do.
    “You alright?” Again my face heated.
    “Yes, its just stuffy in here” Pulling out the girlish move, of fanning myself with my hand.

“Shall we get some fresh air?” I nodded. Relieved he didn’t give me shit, about leaving the dance floor before the song was over. Walking me out, he kept one hand on my lower back and careful moved through the crowd. Though it seemed like everyone, just got out of his way. Odd really. Walking onto a balcony, I leaned my butt against the railing, taking in a deep breath.
    “Better?” He asked, sounding a little concerned.
    “Much.” Giving him a smile.
    “You seem to lack, the excitement the other woman have for this?” Pushing his hands into his deep pockets.

“I have a confession” Titling my head, with a smile.
    “Oh?” Looking sweet.
    “I don’t care for these things, there more bothersome then enjoyable” giggling, I took the time to look him over. Tall was an understatement, he was at least another two feet off my 5’7” height. At least two of me could hide behind him, and his hands were big enough to cover my face. The black spiked hair that fell in every direction, told me he wasn’t into caring what people thought of him. The stunning blue eyes, showed he was a lot deeper then most would know about.
    His suit showed he knew how to dress, but wouldn’t let on about it. What through me for a loop was the black combat boot, he tried to hid under his slacks. I chuckled a little more, as he leaned against the railing next to me.

    “I’d have to agree with you Fina. These things aren’t my idea of a good time” Grumbling as we watched the packs, mingle and dance. Something epic blew up in my head, and I couldn’t contain the laughter anymore.
    “Something funny?” He drummed.
    “I was just thinking” Turning to face him.
    “Do tell?” Purring out the sin full words.
    “How pissed would they be, if we pulled the fire alarm?” His eyes sparkled with mischief, before a deep laughter made me feel tingles thought my body.
    “I do believe they’d piss themselves” Chuckling as his eyes swept over my face.
    “Yes, but no one would be the wiser, as they would all be soaked.” Covering my mouth, as I laughed.