An Unexpected Loss

Start from the beginning

~*~

His body was burning with heat as strong as volcanic lava, burning burning BURNING, and the only one who could save him, was the Alpha before him . . .

He clung tightly to heated skin and muscle, Omega instincts submitting immediately to a fresh wave of pheromones, losing all resistance as the Alpha took as he wanted . . . .

Pain was all but forgotten as pleasure slowly but surely took over, rising and setting off like fireworks in his mind, a constant rhythm of rising and sinking, rising, sinking . . . . .

And a low voice growling in his ear, rumbling, "MINE—"

"—Hey, wake up! You shouldn't sleep here, you could catch a cold!"

The sudden sensation of someone shaking his shoulders caused Midoriya Izuku to snap out of his daydream, his disoriented eyes sliding up to meet the Beta nurse's concerned gaze. In an instant, his guilty conscience made his face blush. He wished he could crawl into the nearest trash bin as he avoided the nurse's eyes in shame.

Damn, although his heat was over and done with months ago, that hot night he had with Shouto kept popping up in his dreams from time to time. Thanks to his heat, he didn't remember much from that night. Otherwise he wouldn't know how to face Shouto...

The nurse could see that he was wide awake and handed him some papers. "You forgot to take your pregnancy results with you. Dr. Chiyo would like you to visit again next week!"

Izuku took the report and smiled sweetly at her as he carefully placed them in his backpack. Shouto was still working overseas, but he was coming back tonight. Thinking about the meeting tonight, he unconsciously tensed up.

Since the area where Shouto was located was secluded and confidential, it wasn't until Izuku was well into seven months of pregnancy did he finally tell the Alpha. Recalling the shock in his voice once he knew about the pup's existence, Izuku was a little nervous.

Was it because of the pregnancy that he was feeling overly sensitive? For some reason, Izuku felt like the Alpha wasn't as happy as the Omega was...

The doctor reassured him, saying that some Alphas were like that with their first pup, their mentality would take some time to change! But it couldn't be that, he knew that the Alpha was looking forward to fatherhood. Shouto would be the best father for their pup... and marriage?

What about marriage? Don't tell the Omega that Shouto expected Izuku to propose?

He absentmindedly ran his fingers over the bite mark hiding underneath his collar. Although it was proof that they were mates, it didn't mean much to society without legal documents. Just how much longer would he have to wait?

Izuku struggled to support his waist as he exited the hospital. By the curb, he was about to call for an uber when a loud engine caught his attention. In his peripheral vision, he saw a dazzling red sports car racing towards him. His heart flinched at the sight.

He took a few steps back, only to hear a loud screech as the car stopped right in front of him, just brushing two feet from his belly. That nearly caused his heart to jump right out of his chest. Tottering further back while protectively covering his unborn pup, he looked up to see a familiar figure stepping out of the vehicle.

"Itsuki—" He gasped in disbelief. How could she be so reckless? "—Are you crazy?!"

Itsuki Midoriya smirked at him before bursting into giggles as she started to walk towards him. Crossing her arms to hold herself upright, she swayed her hips as if she were on a catwalk, attracting a few eyes until she stopped right in front of Izuku. The difference between them couldn't be any more obvious.