Chapter 30: Awake

A/N: This is the edited version of Chapter 30. Hindi ko kasi talaga bet yung una akong gawa. Well, may nagkulang sa orig chapter 30 I should say. Wala namang nabago dito. May nadagdag lang. Comment po kayo ah? Please lang. Thank you and happy reading.

Chapter 30: Awake

JD's P.O.V

          I smell something disgusting. And I know this smell is the most despicable smell in the world.

          Disinfectant alcohol. Too clean smell.

          F*CK! I am inside of a hospital!

          I open my eyes and hold into my head when it suddenly feel heavy then I turned around to look and to confirm where I am.

          I am really inside the hospital! Sh*t!

          "The f*ck!" I cursed under my breath.

          I was about to say something again but I stop when I feel something move beside me.

          When I turned my head to my right, I saw Rina asleep. Her head lying next to me beside this hospital bed.

          'What is she doing here?' I asked at the back of my mind.

          I try to remember what was the last thing that happened and what the hell I'm doing inside this sickly place.

          The last thing that I remember was when I was still inside the brawl arena, having a fight with that bullsh*t Bogart.

          I suddenly clasped my fist when his ugly face flashed in my mind.

          Then, I remember that result of the fight.

          'F*CK! I lost!'

          I want to kick the blanket wrapping my body and throw all the things that my hand can reach but then again I turned to my side and see Rina.

          I released an exasperated sigh as I lay my back on the bed's headboard and look at her sleeping face.

          There's a dark circles under her eyes. A sign that she didn't took care of herself well and haven't take a good night sleep for I don't know how long.

          And she lose a little weight. F*ck! She lost another wait under that too thin body! Psh!

          "What are you doing huh?!" I tried to tone down my voice so I won't wake her up.

          I stare at her for about a couple of minutes or three then I sigh again.

          "I'm sorry." I said as I reach for her hair and brush it using my hands. "Sorry for being weak."

          I lost my thoughts while looking at her when I remember how that bastard defeated me. But I snap out of it and brush my hair using the fingers of my other free hand.

          "I always thought I am strong enough to protect you." I said while watching her sleep.

          I might be crazy for talking to a sleeping person. But f*ck with your opinions!

          "I'm sorry, Rina. I'm sorry I lost."

          I let go of her hair then slowly tighten my hands into a fist and punch the wall behind my hand.