Friday (II)

Publishing this now cause I'm feeling great ugly sobbing over PTXImagine. Enjoy!

The rest of the day seemed to fly by as the anticipation for tonight rose. I could tell it was rising in Mitch as well, and also some anxiety because of his pink suit. I'm sure people would love it, unlike what his thoughts are telling him. I kept saying over and over again that people are gonna love his outfit tonight, but he said I'm biased. I might've been a little bit, but Kirstie and Jeremy loved it, so I'm sure it's amazing.

I went home after school, and started freaking out. What if Mitch hates what I chose? I mean, the restaurant is Italian, and I know he loves that. I even looked on the online menu to see if there are any vegan options, and there are more than plenty. But I'm also nervous about the ring. What if he thinks it's too much? What if he's not ready for this yet? What if it all goes wrong? What if they find out before our reveal?

I was planning on dinner at five, and it's four right now. I decided to text Mitch to make sure he remembered. He did, and he'll be at my house in half an hour. He said he's gonna bring his stuff so he can get ready at my house. I think it's better that way. Or, maybe the other way around. Who knows?

"Mitch!" I opened the door and engulfed him in a hug. He wasn't carrying anything. I helped him inside, then we had a little fun for the next fifteen minutes until we had to leave. I know what you're thinking, we didn't do it again, we just were heavily making out. Nothing too sexual.

We got to the restaurant, and we were seated at a table near the back, away from most of the commotion. It was about half full.

"Liking it so far?" I asked him as he was looking through the menu.

"Of course! I couldn't have asked for better! I feel like you're treating me like a queen!" The smile on his face was priceless, and I wish I could keep it forever.

"That's cause you are! But most importantly, you're my queen."

"Stop it." I could see his blush even in the dim lighting.

"It's true!"

"Thank you." He said, blushing even more.

"Your welcome, your majesty." I exaggerated a bow as best I could while sitting down. He giggled and looked through the menu. Our conversation died, but that's okay because the waitress came back, getting our orders.

After the food arrived, we chatted some more, ate, and left. Nothing too exciting. We went to our different houses, me grabbing my stuff to get ready at his house. He didn't wanna bring all his stuff, including makeup, etc. So I just brought my suit, hair equipment and shoes and drove the whole 2 minutes to his house. When I got to the door, it was already unlocked. He was probably getting ready. I walked into his room, and low and behold, he was in the shower. I placed my stuff on his bed, and went on my phone, waiting for him to finish. I heard the water turn off, so I placed my phone next to me, waiting for him to come out. A few short seconds later, the door opened and he walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist. He hesitated when he saw me, but continued on his way. He went to the corner of his room where his dresser was, so I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.

"Hey gorgeous." He smiled, and probably blushed too.

"Hey Scottie." He replied.

"What? I don't get a nickname?" I asked him, playfully disheartened.

"Well, I couldn't think of anything else other than sexy, but I don't think that's a good idea before the prom." He giggled. That's true.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I replied.

"Let go of me so I can get ready." He giggled.

"No. I challenge you to try to get ready with me like this." I held him tighter, careful not to choke him.

"Really? You think I can put a shirt on while you're clinging on to me?" He asked, trying to move around, but we ended up waddling to the other side of the room.

"Well, no, we can save that for when it's absolutely necessary." I replied.

"But I'm only in a towel." He said.

"That's okay. I don't mind, I've seen you before." Of course I won't mind being behind him while he's changing.

"But Scott, I can already feel it." Shit.

"Feel what?" I was playing dumb.

"Scott," he sighed, "let go of me so I can take care of you." He said to me, seriously is time.

"I thought you said not right before prom?" I asked him.

"Well, that was me, not you. I'm sure you won't care if you smell like sweat. Plus, we still have like two hours if you need to shower." He told me.

"Well, with that time, we could do it again, well, twice, shower, and still have plenty of time to get ready." I held him tighter without killing him, and pressed against his back, leaving no air in between us.

"You sure?" He asked me, straining his neck to look back at me. I spun him around so I was looking at him square in the eyes, our chests touching.

"I'm positive."