Chapter 25: K A R M A

[the law of retribution]

When I imagined his apartment in Las Vegas, I thought it would be this wild, messy, bachelor pad. I would never had thought it was something this good. Huh, at least I knew that the pay he gets from WWE goes to good use.

"You want anything?" I asked placing our things on the floor.

He grunted as he walked with the help of a crutch. After much convincing in the Doctor's, he hesitantly allowed them to place a brace on his busted foot. We'd go to the doctor's again next week to check if it's healing correctly.

I watch him struggle to walk towards the kitchen. I had to follow him and help him sit on the bar stool. A huge pout placed on his lips. I giggled at how cute he looked, as much as he was badly bruised.

I walked towards him, leaning my smaller body against his bigger one. I looked at him, stared at every little detail about his features. Everything about him feel so different. If it weren't I would have at least remembered him.

"I still can believe we dated in the past." I muttered.

"I know," he grunted. "Usually girls could never forget someone as handsome as me." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes as I slapped his hard chest. I walked away from him already annoyed of his cockiness and a little jealous about all the other girls he had in the past. Before he could say something smart, the ringtone of my phone started blaring. I knew it was my father. And I knew it needed my much needed attention.

"Hello Dad," I answered my phone. Pointedly looking at Dean not to say a word. Up to this point, Dad had no clue about me and Dean being together for real.
"You're needed for the court hearing tomorrow." Was the only thing he said.
"I thought I needed to appear next week?" I asked in question.
"Well they have new evidence and they're pointing fingers at you know." His tone held the stress he was feeling right now because of this issue.
"I'll fly out tonight." I sighed. "Love you, Dad." I muttered not really knowing what else to say as I finally hang up.

Dean looked at me in question.

"I thought you promised to stay with me while I rest?" he questioned.

I bit my lips. Maybe I could think of something.

"Want to fly with me for the court hearing?" I asked with a sheepish smile. "I might need the support and alibi." I pointed out.

"I'd be happy to." He smirked. "As long as I get something in return." He added.

"Fine. We'll have the date." I muttered, I wasn't the type that goes on dates.

"Oh no, I don't want a date." He smirked. "I want us to stay in the same Hotel room from now on."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're lucky I need you, Ambrose." I muttered under my breath.

"The defense calls Sonya McMahon to the stand."

Dean looked at me comfortingly as I made my way to the stand. I did my oath before the lawyers begin to question me. My eyes turning to Steph and Shane in-between Dad. A huge smirk was on Steph's face. I knew she had something to do with this and I'm going to prove it right now and end this issue once and for all.

"Ms. McMahon, can you state to the record when you were appointed as the new CEO of WWE?" the attorney had asked me.

"My appointment was in full effect on July 19, 2016. 12:00 pm." I said specifically.