Chapter 13: Stoick's idea

Stoick

The nerve of that Rider, rescuing that boy! Why does it matter to her that Hiccup is hurt?

"Stoick, what shall we do?" A villager asks me.

I knew that Hic mentioned about the Dragon's Den and I want to find it and get rid of those beasts once and for all.

"Set sail for Dragon's Den! We will get rid of these beasts once and for all! Let's use the light -blue Nadder as bait."

The villagers did as instructed as they chained up the Nadder and the Nadder was struggling against its will.

"You will lead us to the Dragon's Den, Devil." I said to the Dragon as she bows her head in shame.

Felix said, "Stoick, are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Felix, don't you realize that this is what we must do to protect our village?" I asked him.

The Hofferson looks at me before answering that question.

"You're right, Chief. We must try. The Night Fury took away my daughter and now I can avenge her death by killing the Dragons."

Valka didn't dare look at me. She must've thought I was way too harsh on her only son.

I shook off the feeling as we sailed the boats to find the Dragon's Den.

Hiccup

I woke up and rubbed my head.

"Uh..." I groaned.

"Hiccup! You're up!" Astrid said, relieved. She must've stayed up all night, mostly because she didn't look she didn't sleep at all.

"Astrid. Why did you-" I asked, remembering that she rescued me from Berk.

"It was Toothless who convinced me to rescue you, Hic. He's right about thing. I do care about you, Hiccup. That's one of the reasons I love you."

I sighed but then I knew that Stoick is in serious trouble.

"Astrid, we have to go back to stop my Dad."

"Why? What's Stoick going to-" She begins to ask, but that's when she might of realized of what I've meant.

"No, he couldn't. He wouldn't." She said, but I nodded at her fear.

"Yeah.. He's going after the Red Death. I tried to stop him, but-"

"He's too stubborn to listen to you."

"What you going to do?" I asked her.

"Eh, probably something stupid." She replied.

I laughed, "Yeah, but you already done that."

Then she mounts on Toothless, "Then something crazy."

I smiled, getting up from the bed, "Now, that's more like it."

Fishlegs

We saw the Night Fury came for a landing and I see Valkyrie and Hiccup jumping from the saddle.

"Hiccup, oh, thank Thor!" I said, felt relieved that he was ok. 

Snoutlout said, "What's she doing here?"

"Guys, we need some help." Hiccup explained, as he runs to the Arena where the Dragons are.

"What we will face is the source of the raids in Berk. Toothless and I been trying to find its source location for three years." Valkyrie explained, "And it's bigger than you could imagine."

"Anything that involves with danger, count me in." Tuffnut said, enthusiastic.

Ruffnut said, "Me too!"

Snoutlout said, "There is no way you're leaving me out of this!"   

I said, "Just one thing that been bothering me... who are you exactly?"

Hiccup looks at Valkyrie of how to explain the answer.

"Valkyrie, I know that I kept my promise, but this is a dangerous situation." He said.

"I know, Hic, and I think they deserve the answer when I'm really ready."

Hiccup understands her reasoning and opens one of the gate of the Monstrous Nightmare.

Astrid

I know that Hiccup wanted to tell the gang of who I really am, but I'm not confident of revealing my identity just yet.

I went to the Monstrous Nightmare and he was stunned to see me.

"Why you here, Human? Going to kill me?"  He asks.

"No, I'm not, but I'm giving you a chance. You'll have a Rider who truly loves you."

The Dragon was amazed of me as I held out my hand and he follows me out of the gate, which amazes Hiccup and the other teens.

I knew that Snoutlout would be the perfect choice for the Nightmare.

Their personalities are quite the same and it reminds me they could be brothers in a way.

I reached out Snoutlout's hand.

"Hey, what you-" He said, nervously.

"It's ok, Snoutlout. It's ok." I said, letting go of my hand off of Snoutlout to gain his bond with his own dragon.

The twins got the Zipperback, while Fishlegs got paired up with the Gronkle.

"Great! It looks like that everyone has their own dragon!" I said, but Hiccup came out of the gate, looking for someone.

"Except for me. Stormfly isn't here."

I was confused of the name.

" ' Stormfly' ?" I asked.

"Yeah, you might not know this, but long before you met Toothless, she and I have this sort of connection. 

When we make eye contact, I knew that something clicked. She's a light-blue Nadder who almost killed me that night.

But she didn't when I was here in Dragon Training. I looked at her, and I saw myself."

I smiled,  thinking  it is very cute that Hic already has a name for his own dragon. "Well, that's basic Dragon Training 101. Don't worry, we'll find her."

That's when Snoutlout said, "Wait a second! You're talking about the same Nadder? I think I know where Stormfly is. Stoick's got her and using her as some bait to Dragon's Den."

"Then that's where we'll going." I told the group as Snoutlout notices me getting something.

"Where you going?" He asks.

I said, smirking, revealing a rope. "You might want to hold something to help you stay on the dragons."

The gang looks at the Dragons as they were ready to fly.

Hiccup hops into Toothless and the other Riders follow my lead.

"So, do you have any idea of how we going to defeat the Red Death?" Hic asks me.

I said, "Don't worry, I have a plan. You have to trust me, Hiccup."

He said, "Ok."

I hope that we can get to Dragon's Den safely and hopefully manage to save all of Berk from its doom.

Author's note: What you guys think of this chapter? Will they be able to rescue Stoick and all of Berk from the Red Death's grasp? Will Astrid reveal her true identity soon? Find out soon! - Jan