Chapter 7: Astrid?

Hiccup

It felt like hours since we kissed. I couldn't believe that Valkyrie kissed me! But why? Why does do this?

As we pulled through from the kiss, I stare into Valkyrie's eyes. Her eyes were blue, like Astrid's.

That's when everything flooded through my brain. The way that she built the tail for Toothless, the way that she was determined, it wasn't no confidence that the girl in front of me was the girl that me and the other teens used to bully.

"Astrid? Is it really you?" I asked softly, afraid that she wouldn't accept my apology. Gosh, I felt so dumb for not recognizing her.

She steps away from me as I tried to reach her.

"Astrid, please talk to me." I said, pleading with the Rider.

"Hiccup. Please don't." She said.

Toothless looks at her as if they were talking to each other.

That's when she walked back to me.

"Hiccup... I'm sorry." She said.

"No, I should be the one who should apologizing. I should've stepped up for you that night against Snoutlout and the other teens. I was afraid."

She looks at me with a curious look. "Afraid? Afraid of what?"

"Afraid you wouldn't like a guy like me." I replied.

Toothless pushes her towards me and I caught her.

"Toothless!" Astrid laughs. It's the first time I ever heard her laugh like this.

But it also got me thinking about how she was concerned about something, like it was bothering her.

"Astrid, would you please tell me what the name of Thor you've been doing these past three years? Everyone thinks you're dead, including your own parents!"

"You really want to know?" She asks.

"Yeah. I really like to know the new Astrid."

Astrid said, "Ok, first thing in the morning, I will tell you everything. For now, you can sleep in the guest room."

Astrid opens the door and I was amazed of the room. It felt like I was back home, in Berk, except it's different.

"Wow." All I said.

Astrid  

Hiccup finally realize who I was. But is he really ready to learn about the Red Death?

Hiccup was fast asleep in the guest room.

I walked to my blacksmith shop of my own and beginning to adjust the flight suit I have made.

"You really have your way of tinkering, don't you, Astrid?" Toothless said, grinning.

"What can I say, Toothless? I just couldn't help myself."  I said, shrugging.

"I still can't believe you actually kissed him! I thought you two would do it eventually, but I never thought in my wildest dreams that you would make that move!" The Night Fury exclaimed.

"Come on, bud. It's not that big of a deal! It's my way of communication."  I explained to him.

"Sure! That's the way you do it."  The Night Fury laughs in delight.

The Night Fury decides to sleep as he makes a plasma blast surrounding him.

I do wonder... can I really defeat her?

Come on, Astrid, you're a Dragon Rider, you can do this.

Hiccup

I woke up and then I thought I was in home, but then I remembered. I'm not in Berk, but in Astrid's island.

I was still surprised that I learnt that Valkyrie is Astrid Hofferson. She did look different in three years.

As I walk from the stairs, I noticed Astrid was already up, along with Toothless.

"Hi, Milady." I greeted her with a smile.

"Milady?" Astrid asks, "You never called me that before."

I rubbed my head, "You don't like it?"

She replies, waving her hands up, "No, I like it! It's just a surprise that you gave me a nickname, that's all."

I sat next to her and then she knew I wanted answers.

"Right, Answers. I hope you ready."

"Ok, after you guys left me on that pole, Toothless was the only one who found me tied up."

I looked at the Night Fury in total amazement.

"After he freed me, he knew I was different. So we ran off together."

Then she spoke in growls to Toothless.

"What was that?"

"Oh, I was just talking to Toothless. You see, during the three years, he taught me how to speak Dragonese."

"Wait, what's Dragonese?" I asked.

"It's the language of Dragons." She answered, but her expression turned serious.

"You may not know this, but we know what been causing the raids back in Berk. And it's not easy as it sounds." She said.

"What you mean?" I asked, growing concern.

"There is a Dragon big as a mountain. It's a Dragon Queen, or I like to call it, "The Red Death". Toothless and I been trying to locate her island for three years, but no luck."

"A Red Death been causing these dragons to do what she says? That explains a lot of why they needed our food supply." I said.

"Hiccup, promise me that you wouldn't tell anyone about me being alive." She said.

"Astrid..." I said.

"Please, Hiccup." She pleads.

I looked into her eyes and I can tell that she was scared.

"Ok. It will be our little secret." I told her.

Then I punched her on the shoulder.

"That's for kidnapping me yesterday." I said.

Astrid rubs her shoulder as she looks at Toothless. The Night Fury shrug at her as if it was not his business.

Then I kissed her on the cheek. "That's for everything else."

She was blushing as I left her.

Can I really convince her to come back home soon?

Author's note: What you guys think? Find out what happens soon! - Jan