Chapter One: Introduction

Astrid

This is my home. A world where Dragons and Vikings fought one other for 300 years. This is what every Viking does for order to survive.

Who am I, you might ask? I'm the weakest Viking that everyone thought I was.

My name's Astrid Hofferson. I know, it sounds like a name you would be proud of, but sometimes it wasn't.

I run across the village to get to the Blacksmith's shop where I'm the apprentice to Gobber.

He is like a father figure to me since as long I can remember.

"Aw, Astrid, you didn't carried off by the dragons, did ya?" Gobber said, sarcastically.

I replied, "Aw, who me? Who would've want a Viking, like I do?" 

Gobber rolled his eyes, "Just get to work, lassie."

As I sharpen a sword, I looked at some of the dragons that the village has to go up against.

A Gronkle. Zipperback, and Nadders and Nightmare. It seems like they're on a rampage of getting food.

A Zipperback blew a fire gas on one of the houses.

"Fire!"

"Let's go!" I see a group of teens around my age going to take out the fire.

There's Fishlegs, the brains of the group.

The twins, Ruffnut and Tuffnut, who apparently no one can tell them apart,

Snoutlout, the hothead of the group, thinking that he is right about everything.

And there's.... Hiccup Haddock the Third.... 

He's not just the Heir of Berk, his parents are Valka and the Chief of the village, Stoick the Vast.

Awe, their job is so much cooler than mine. I wonder would anyone respect a girl like me?

Author's note: This story is a new one and I would update soon as I can. Enjoy this chapter! - Jan