Chapter 9: Keeping Secrets are harder than it looks

Hiccup

As Mom arrived back to Berk, she yelled, "HICCUP  HORREDOUS HADDOCK THE THIRD, YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE, YOUNG MAN!"

I knew that I was, and it makes it even worse that knowing Astrid is Valkyrie, the Dragon Rider and she trained a Dragon that no one has ever seen: A Night Fury.

I said, "I know, I know. I'm so sorry that I didn't come back when I should've had."

Mom gave me a huge hug, "At least that you are safe."

That's when she notices Valkyrie in the living room.

"Oh, Hiccup, who is this beautiful young lady?" She asks me.

I bit my lip, "Oh, yeah. I was meaning to tell you. I made a new friend here and she's staying with us for a while."

"I'm Valkyrie." She said.

"Oh, so Hiccup has finally found himself a girlfriend! Wait until your dad sees you two together!" Mom said, hitting my shoulder.

Astrid giggles under her breath as I was totally embarrassed of the situation.

"Uh, Mom, we're friends!  We'll be leaving now. Bye!"

I pulled Astrid out of the house and Astrid couldn't hold in her laughter until she burst it out.

"I'm sorry, Hiccup, it's funny!" She said.

I groaned, "Astrid, come on! It's not that funny."

She clears her throat, "Sorry. So let's go to the Great Hall."

As we were about to enter the Hall, Gobber stops us.

"Hiccup! It's time for Dragon Training!"

" 'Dragon Training?' " Astrid repeats in total confusion.

I said, explaining, "Dad's idea. He wanted us to well, kill Dragons so to speak."

"And you can't skip class, can't you?" She asks.

"Not even if I tried to." I replied. 

She sighs, "Ok, go. I'll wait until you come back."

I left Astrid.

Astrid

I had to admit, seeing Hiccup embarrassed is one of the funniest thing I ever seen. It kind of relief that seeing that the Haddocks haven't changed one bit for three years.

As I enter the Hall, I noticed my own parents, Felix and Ingrid Hofferson.

"Oh, Felix, I miss Astrid so much." My mom said.

"So do I, Ingrid, but there is nothing we can do about it." Dad said, comforting her.

I bit my lip. It hurts so much of seeing both of my parents again after three years but I never expect that my fake death hurt them that much. When Hiccup told me that everyone believed I was dead, including my own parents was hard to believe at first, but seeing them, make me realized that he was right.

I step up towards the couple, "Hi."

They were surprised of my appearance and then my mom said, "Oh, hello. You must be new around here."

I tried not to cry and nods at her answer, "Yes, I'm new around Berk. I'm Valkyrie."

"It's nice to meet you, Valkyrie. I'm Ingrid Hofferson and this is my husband, Felix."