Blessings-Sharna and Val

I had been sick for about a week. I tried everything to try to get rid of my so called stomach flu, but nothing worked. I started researching my symtoms and pregnancy came up. It hadn't really crossed my mind. If I was pregnant, it was probably Val's baby. We weren't dating though. We had made a mistake about a month ago and I was starting to think I got pregnant.

One day after rehearsal for DWTS I called Peta and told her to come to my house.

"Why am I here Sharna?" she asked me once she arrived.

"Well, I think I might be pregnant," I said.

"Really, do you know who the baby's father might be?" she asked.

"Yes...," I said looking down at my feet.

"Shar, who is it,"

"Probably Val," I said and Peta gasped.

"Wait, are you guys dating?" she asked.

"No, but about a month ago we made a mistake," I sighed.

"No, it is not a mistake. You know Val, he will stay with you and the baby. Now let's go buy you a test."

And with that we left the house to go buy a test. When we got home I went to the bathroom and took the test and I immediately ran out.

"Shar, let's go check it," Peta said grabbing my hand.

I took a deep breath and we walked into the bathroom.

"You look first," I told P.

"Babe, no matter what, this is a happy thing. Val is amazing and I know it is scary, but think about it, our kids would be related," Peta smiled and rubbed her 5 month old baby bump and I couldn't help but share a grin.

Peta took a deep breath and looked at the test and a huge smile appeared on her face.

"Congratulations!" she squealed we both hugged and started giggling. I was so happy and terrified at the same time.

-----------------------------

The next day, we were at rehearsal and we had a lunch break. I approached Val.

"Val do you wanna go grab lunch?" I asked playing with my hands.

"Sure, lets got to Fratelli's," he said grabbing his keys.

When we got to the restaurant we sat in comfortable silence for awhile. I was very nervous, I was about to change Val's life. My heart was beating a million miles a minute. We hadn't really talked about what happened a month ago, luckily it wasn't awkward between us anymore.

"You okay Shar?"

"Uh, I have to talk to you about something."

Our eyes met.

"You're gonna be a dad," I spit out.

"What?" he said in disbelief.

"I'm pregnant with your baby,"

"Shar-" I started panicking.

"I'm so sorry Val, I know that you weren't looking for this right now and I totally understand if you want to leave this situation. I know that you are really focused on your career and I know this would be a huge burden-" I was cut off by a pair of lips on mine. I willingly kissed back.

After a few seconds he pulled back.

"Babe, I am happy," he said truthfully and pecked me again, "I will never leave you."

"Peta already knows, we found out together."

"Our kids are gonna be best friends. They'll be 5 months apart." I was so happy that Val was so happy.

I checked my phone and we still had about an hour to kill until we had to be back at the studio.

"We still have time what should we do?" I asked.

"Have you ever been on a hike in LA?"

"No, I don't think so..."

"Well it's your lucky day."

We finished eating and we got in his car to head to the trail. We walked all the way up the trail making simple conversation. When we were almost at the top, Val stopped to take a picture, but I kept going and got to the top of the mountain first.

It was breathtaking. It was amazing to see all of LA in one view. It looked like a painting. I stood awhile just taking it all in.

Val finally got to the top and his arms wrapped around my waist as he stood behind me. He slowly starting rubbing circles on my stomach.

"I love you," he whispered into my ear.

"I love you more," I said turning my head around and kissing him.

I turned my head back around and we stood in that position for a long time in a comfortable silence looking at the view.

"We should probably head back," I said looking at my phone.

"Let's go darling," Val said taking my hand.

We walked back down the mountain and got in his car.

"Should we tell the cast?" he asked.

"Yes, I think we should tell them today" I said.

We sat in silence for awhile.

"Do you think it is a boy or a girl?" I asked him.

"I don't know, but a girl would ruin me in the best way possible."

"Yeah, just imagine your baby girl going on a date babe," I said laughing.

"Oh my god, don't even talk about it. What do you think the baby is?"

"I kind of think it is a boy. He would be a total mama's boy and he would play basketball with you and Maks and his cousin," we both smiled.

"I honestly don't care what it is, as long as it is ours," he said.

"I absolutely agree," I said rubbing my stomach.

--------------

When we got back to the studio we started walking in hand in hand, but realized it would probably give it away so we let go. Everyone practiced for about 2 hours then it was time to go home. I knew I had to tell them now before anyone left. I grabbed Val's hand and we stood up on a table.

"Wait everyone, before you leave, Val and I have some news," I squeezed his hand and looked at him.

"We are having a baby!" Val and I said in unision.

Everyone started cheering and congratulating us. We were a huge family and I was so excited to go on this journey with all of them as support.