Healing-Laurie and Val

Laurie POV

I had just found out that my grandmother passed away yesterday. I knew she was sick and I knew she didn't have much longer, but I wished I could have seen her again. I am filled with sadness, frustration and relief, knowing that she isn't in pain anymore.
//////////////////////////////
3rd POV
Laurie walked into rehearsal with a smile on her face, trying to hide her sadness. Val read right through her and knew she was sad.

That had started rehearsing their foxtrot, but after 30 minutes they stopped.

"Can we take a break?" Laurie asked Val.

"Of course."

Before Val could say anything else Laurie ran out of the room. Val knew what he happened yesterday and knew that she was sad. He also knew he couldn't cheer her up. But he hated seeing his little sister so sad.

He ran out of the room looking for her. He found her sitting on the steps outside the studio.

"Laurie," Val said sighing and sitting down on the step next to her. She had tears streaming down her face.

"I know that nothing I say will be able to help you, but just know I am always here for you."

"Thanks Val."

Val reached over and hugged her and she let it all out.

"She has always been my inspiration. She was always my rock and Val, I don't know what I'm gonna do without her."

"You are never without her. She will always be in your heart. Everything you do she is there for."

"What am I going to do Val?" She asked burying her head in his chest.

"You are going to heal and healing may take a long time. But you are going to dance this week - for your grandma. She will love it. Listen, nugget, she was ready to go because she saw you and all the thug you have done. You made her proud and no matter what you do you will continue to make her proud. Dance your heart out."

"Thank you so much Val."

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah," she said letting out a deep breath, "for my grandma."

Val helped Laurie wipe away the tears from her eyes and they went back to practicing.

I would like to dedicate to Laurie's beautiful grandmother. From what we saw, she had such a colorful spirit that has inspired me majorly. ✨✨✨✨✨