Chapter 11

Just as Avi suspected, there was alcohol involved. Nobody had enough drinks to be totally intoxicated, but they were definitely on a buzz. Jeremy was staying with a friend of his for the night, it was tradition that the bride could not be with the groom the day before the wedding, so the group made as much noise as they wanted to. They danced like they were Beyoncé, baked like they were Jamie Oliver and made noise like they were at a rock concert.

After dancing for a good twenty minutes, the five friends collapsed to the floor in a pile of giggles. "We're absolutely crazy," Kirstie breathed out, trying to get oxygen back into her system. For international performers, they were quite unfit.

"We need to go crazy, you're hubby is going to steal you away from all of us after tomorrow," Kevin teased while Scott and Mitch internally grimaced. They were now aware of Kirstie's strong feelings for Avi, as much as she wanted to deny it, and they weren't sure if marrying Jeremy was the right decision anymore.

"It's absolutely insane, it feels like just yesterday we met for the first time. You know, I didn't even want to get married." Kirstie blurted out while taking another sip of her red wine. 

"What?" The four boys yelled at the exact same time. Kirstie was head over heels in love with Jeremy, how could she not want to get married to him? The person who was most affected by this was Avi, it made his heart beat a little faster and he couldn't help but get his hopes up.

"Don't look at me like that, that came out wrong. I've always wanted to get married to Jeremy, I just didn't expect him to propose so soon. I didn't have the heart to say no once he got down on one knee." The boys still stared at her wide-eyed in disbelief.

Kirstie groaned before grabbing a freshly baked cookie off the table, "I shouldn't have mentioned it, you guys are staring at me like I just said I killed Olaf."

"Well, I think since Kirstie confessed something, this calls for a game of Truth Or Dare."

A few strange dares, embarrassing truths and glasses of wine later, the group finally decided to call it a night, or rather a morning since it was already one 'o clock. As soon as Scott and Mitch stood up to leave, they both collapsed back on the floor. They clearly had one too many. 

"Avi, I'm going to drop them off at their place and I'll come back to fetch you," Kevin announced before dragging the giggly couple to the car. Before Avi had time to argue, Kevin had slammed the door shut. Great, just great.

"So-" Avi had started off but his sentence was cut by Kirstie slamming her lips onto his. It was even better the second time, it was more gentle and slow, but still passionate. At first Avi thought it was the alcohol doing all of the work, but he realised none of them had much to drink, except Scott and Mitch of course. He tried to resist Kirstie's charms but as per usual, he failed. He let his hands rest on her hips, not caring that she would be getting married the next day. 

"Leave him," Avi whispered once they pulled apart, they were both completely out of breath and leaned their foreheads against each other for support. 

"What?" Kirstie was completely taken aback by this statement.

"Leave Jeremy, Kirstie. Don't get married tomorrow," Avi said, everything he's been wanting to say for the last couple of months was now rising up in his throat. 

"I can't just leave him, Avi..."

"Then why are you kissing me for the second time?" Avi snarled. He was aggravated now, did Kirstie think she could just go round kissing him and messing with his feelings?

"I don't know! I just acted on impulse, okay?" Kirstie yelled back, she was also getting worked up. 

"You can't just go and mess with my feelings like that, Kirstie! I'm human too, you know?"

"Just leave," Kirstie muttered angrily, not even bothering to look Avi in the eye; this hurt him deeply. 

"Fine, but don't expect me at the wedding tomorrow," Avi grumbled before walking out the door and slamming it behind him. Kirstie finally looked up and broke into sobs when she saw he was gone.

She drove him away, she only had herself to blame. 

A double update because I felt so bad that the last chapter was short! :) What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter? ;)