chapter 6

"Avi..."

Huh?

"Avi..."

Just five more minutes of sleep...

"AVI!"

Avi woke up with a start and realised he wasn't in his bed, he was lying over sheets of music and laying with his head on his guitar. His eyes adjusted to the light and he saw Kevin standing over him, looking like he was ready to go out.

"Why did you wake me up so early and why are you dressed?" Avi asked, his eyes threatening to close shut again. It's probably wasn't a good idea to stay up all night playing guitar and writing music, but he didn't regret it because he got out his feelings and wrote an amazing song.

"You seriously didn't forget, did you? We're going to the carnival today, remember?" Kevin said, shaking his head in disappointment. "And it's not early, it's one in the afternoon and Scott is coming to pick us up in 20 minutes so I recommend that you get ready," he added on.

Damn, how could he forget? He suddenly jolted out of the basement, had a minute-long shower and was dressed within a few minutes. 

"How do you take so quickly to get ready?" Kevin asked in astonishment.

"It's a talent, I guess," Avi smirked and Kevin just rolled his eyes playfully. At exactly twenty minutes past one, Scott hooted his car horn which was so loud, people could probably hear it in Japan. In the back of the car, Mitch and Kirstie were playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. 

He decided to sit at the back with the two thirds of the trio while Kevin got shotgun. "Avi!" Kirstie exclaimed happily while kissing his cheek as a way of greeting. They sat in a comfortable silence as they drove to the carnival, until one of their favourite songs came on the radio: Don't Mind.

The group jammed out to the song, singing off-key at the top of their lungs. Kevin even recorded the whole thing on his phone so they decided to post it on PTXVlogs, since they hadn't posted on there in a very long time. 

"Oh my goodness, they have the bottle ring toss! I haven't played that since I was a little girl," Kirstie squealed, dragging them all by the arms. Kirstie laid her eyes on a huge, stuffed panda, and wouldn't give up until she won it. Every member of the group tried, but to their disappointment and frustration, none of them could land the hoop on the bottle.

"Avi, do you want to give it a go?" Scott asked, looking at the man who was just standing awkwardly in the back.

"Huh? Oh, sure." He put his phone back in his pocket and with ease, landed the three, red hoops on the bottle. The man was clearly annoyed, not many people won the game. He placed the giant, black and white panda in Avi's arms and Kirstie exclaimed in delight.

"Thanks, Avi, you're my hero," she smiled gratefully. Usually this is the part when the girl would kiss the guy full on the mouth and they would live happily ever after, but this was reality; Kirstie just gave Avi a squeeze.

After a few games, screaming and lots of food, the group decided to head to the rollerskating rink - just a fun way to end of the night. They giggled as they bumped into each other and tripped over their own feet, they clearly hadn't been rollerskating in a while. 

But after a little bit they all got into it again. Especially Avi, who hadn't been watching where he was going. He bumped hard into Kirstie, who almost toppled over, but clung to Avi for support. Her hands gripped tightly on his shoulders while his arms were around her waist. He really didn't mean for it to happen, it just happened naturally. It was such a cliche moment, but it felt so perfect. The way Kirstie's eyes locked with his, how the lights were shining down on her face, how it felt like it was only them and the rest of the world had disappeared. 

"Hey, you two! We're going to take some photos in the photobooth so get your asses over here," Mitch called from the other side of the rink, causing the two to scramble apart from each other. They still remained eye contact before Kirstie broke it by awkwardly laughing and skating away.

Damn.

I would just like to say thank you so much for the sweet comments, it just makes me want to write more!! :)