chapter 5

Avi didn't know how to feel after that shopping day with Kirstie. He had been trying to be distancing himself from her in order to move on, and it had been working a little bit... but then she showed up at his apartment and he didn't have the willpower to say no. So he was dragged from store to store but honestly he didn't mind, he got to spend time with her.

He had been handling it quite well until he had to zip up the damn dress. Seeing Kirstie in a white dress like that, the skin to skin contact made when he zipped her up, it made him feel extremely vulnerable and it was enough to spin him in a daze for a good 20 minutes. Then she gave him a hug and whenever his Kirstie was in his arms, nothing else mattered.

Even though she wasn't even his to begin with.

He sighed. Kirstie wasn't going to be his Kit Kat or Kit or Kirst for much longer. Jeremy would probably give her a more adorable nickname which she would swoon over.

Avi's eyes darted to the calendar for a quick second and he realised the date. It was exactly one month until Kirstie's wedding day. 

One month until they sealed the deal - in more than one way, probably.

One month until Kirstie would come home to Jeremy every night and go to bed with him. 

One month until they would go on family vacations.

One month until his heart would shatter completely and didn't know if it would ever be the same.

Avi needed a hobby. Something to keep him busy because sitting at home and thinking about Kirstie was not good for him. 

Singing? 

He did that everyday of his life. 

Cooking? 

He preferred to go to restaurants. 

Drawing? 

If he could even draw a stick figure he would be proud.

Then, it hit him. With a sudden leap in his step, he ran down the steps to his basement and searched for the instrument. His eyes fell on it and his heart was beating in delight; it had been so long. He let his fingers run over the wood, feeling every crease and crevice of it. Sure, it had been chipped in a few places, but Avi didn't care. His strummed a chord and all his troubles melted away.

Suddenly, inspiration struck him like lightning. His dashed upstairs to grab a notebook and a pen and he let himself go. He wrote and wrote until he thought his fingers would fall off and his brain would explode, but he didn't stop because if he stopped he feared he would never start again.

It was finally midnight and Avi thought he was going to pass out right that very second, but he carried on. He was finally done writing the sheet music. He grabbed his guitar and strummed to his heart's content.

I counted the stars tonight...

It's so freaking short, but I wanted to update so here you go!! Also I have a Kavi one shot book coming out very #soon ;)