Chapter 10

One day. One day left until Kirstin Taylor Maldonado becomes Kirstin Taylor Lewis. Avi's heart broke a little bit more as the days were passing and he knew it was inevitable, he was really going to lose her, for good.

Avi just wanted to get away from everything. He wanted to run away to a place where Jeremy didn't exist, where him and Kirstie were together; a place where everything was perfect. Unfortunately, a place like that does not exist.

Avi decided to practice the song he wrote at midnight when he was feeling particularly emotional. He poured his heart and soul into the lyrics and put it on paper. The words spoke everything he wanted to say to Kirstie, but couldn't. Maybe one day, when everything has calmed down, he'll play it for her. But for now, playing it for himself was good enough.

Avi always felt a chill throughout his body whenever he strummed his guitar. It was his safe place, home was wherever his guitar was. The feel of the strings between his fingers and the smell of the wood brought back so many memories. It felt like just yesterday he was playing Gravity for Kirstie...

Mitch: who wants to get wasted tonight??? we need to have a party to celebrate ur final night as a free woman kirstie

Avi chuckled to himself when he saw the message from his short friend. It was such typical behaviour of him.

Kirstie: I really don't want a hangover on my big day Mitchie.

Scott: fine no alcohol, but we do need a party.

Kirstie: Fine, be at my place by 7. I'll provide snacks.

Kevin: I'M IN!

Scott: me tooooo

Mitchie: mama's in too

Avi contemplated on whether he should go or not. There was doubt about it that things were extremely awkward between the soprano and the bass, nothing would be the same after that night. He was deep in thought when his phone buzzed again, implying that he got another text from the groupchat.

Kirstie: Avi? Are you coming?

He smiled when he saw this, it seemed like she wanted him there. This was such a bad idea, he knew that there was no way that there wasn't going to be alcohol involved, no matter what Scott said. He knew from personal experiences that drunk Avi was very adventurous, and if Kirstie was involved, there was no saying what he would do. His eyes scanned Kirstie's text again and it seemed like his fingers were typing for him.

Avi: I'll be there.

It's so freaking short, but the next chapter will be very interesting... ;)

Also, SNB_Kavi commented about a sequel to this book, would you guys want that? I have another book planned in case you don't want a sequel, but if you do then let me know! Your feedback is very important so I know what you guys want :)