ㅤㅤ⁰¹⁹ : i've missed you so much

Start from the beginning

Hanae also noticed that this woman referred to him by his first name, which wasn't a huge deal, but she had never heard any of his other employees do so.

Kyoya had seemed so caught up with the incident that he had seemed to forget about Hanae for a second, and then he realized how badly this must look to her. So he gently pulled Ren's hands away and gave Hanae a look.

"Ren, Dosei, this is Hanae," He paused for a moment almost as if he were struggling to tell the girl that they'd gotten married. "She's my wife..."

Hanae shifted uncomfortably but gave them a small nod, "I offer you my most sincere condolences for your father's passing."

Hanae expected the girl to introduce herself or at least acknowledge what she had said, but Ren couldn't seem to comprehend what either of them were saying.

The girl's blue eyes landed on Hanae and she felt a shiver run up her spine.

After a couple of seconds of suffocating silence, Ren directed her gaze back towards Kyoya, "You...You got married?"

If Hanae was shocked by the girl's audacity, she was knocked completely off her heels by what Kyoya said next.

"Yes, I apologize that I didn't inform any of you–" Kyoya started and Hanae jerked her head over to look at him, but he didn't get to finish. The girl took a step back and her hand went up to her mouth.

"How could–" She didn't get to finish her sentence either, because the other man grabbed her body and pulled her towards his chest, silencing her in an instant.

"I'm so sorry Mr.Ootori, she's just going through a lot," He said holding onto the sobbing girl tightly. "It's–It's a pleasure meeting you Mrs.Ootori, I hope I can be of service to you... I'll call over some of the guys to help unload your bags,"

Hanae only managed to nod her head and with that, the man sped away dragging the girl away with him.

When the events finally managed to settle, Hanae's lip curled up in disgust and she turned over to look at Kyoya who was opening the vehicle's trunk. He had to beg a maid for forgiveness because of their marriage?

Hanae stepped forward and her green eyes had a glint of something Kyoya couldn't quite pin down, "I didn't know you had such a close relationship with your staff."

"It's nothing you need to concern yourself with," He moved past her without another word.

Hanae scoffed, "Nothing I need to concern myself with? That woman is infatuated with you, and you–you let her paw all over you." She said trying not to trip on the steps, as she tried catching up to him.

Kyoya rolled his eyes, "You lost all right to be jealous the second you tried to run away with another man."

Hanae bit back her tongue and looked down to the ground, after all, he was right.

She'd had an entire horrible night to think about her wedding day, and she could hardly believe what she had tried to do.

Even if Hideo was the person she loved the most, she knew she should've tried to do things right... But even then she didn't know what would've been a plausible solution.

Hideo was in trouble, he was a convicted criminal and she knew that he had already risked too much to go and see her that day.

He was probably far away from her now, too far for her to ever see him again.

She wished she could turn back time and fix what she had done, but she couldn't, she had to live with her regrets, the same as everyone else.

And although she had resigned to a miserable life with her husband, nothing could prepare Hanae for the unbearable hell her life would be for the next couple of months.

author's note:
this chapter was pretty hard to write... with the complete setting, and lowkey cast change. I'm kinda sad to see some of my favorite characters like Mary and Akise be thrown completely in the back seat, but it had to be done. Buckle up for these annoying fuckers being even more annoying than usual... also the reintroduction of Ren.... if you want to be recapped she was introduced all the way back in chapter 4!

thank you for reading! <3