ㅤㅤ⁰²⁸: i'm done for

June 5

June 5

"Mr.Swann just got here... my new foreman shouldn't be far behind." Kyoya stepped into her room. "Are you ready?"

Hanae stood up and smoothed the wrinkles out on her white-lace dress.

"I'm ready." She mumbled simply as she made eye contact with him. "You were gone for a while... where were you?"

"I didn't go to Ren, if that's what you're asking."

She didn't flinch. "That's not what I asked."

He closed his eyes and sighed, it seemed like every time they took one step forward they took three steps back... and this time it was all his fault.

He practically had to beg her to stay after Ren left, and he swore on his grave that he had only been with Ren one time and never again.

Although Hanae agreed, the look on her face when she conceded, let him know that she didn't believe a word he'd said.

He took a careful step towards her and her face soured, but she didn't move, he stupidly took that as an opportunity to try and hold her face.

"I'm sorry–"

She turned on her heels in a flash. "You apologized yesterday, I don't need to hear it again."

"I know you don't want to talk to me right now."

He began speaking as her back was turned to him. "And that's alright I understand why... but I got you something."

"I don't want anything."

His hand landed gently on her arm as he pulled her back to look at him, before he placed the slick black phone in her hands.

Her eyes widened and she looked up at him.

"Thank you." She managed to say.

He wordlessly grabbed her hand and placed something small and cold in her palm, her breath caught in her throat when she realized what they were.

"Are... Are these car keys?"

He nodded.

"It's the latest model I could get on such short notice. You can go back to the city whenever you want now... I'd still prefer if you take an escort, but that's just for safety reasons."

She swallowed the lump growing in her throat as she wrapped her fingers around the keys.

"Thank you." She repeated more softly this time.
He gave her that smile that didn't reach his eyes again, that smile she'd come to know too well.

He kissed her head and pulled away from her, but before he walked out she called out to him.

"Wait, I–I don't want this."