ㅤㅤ ⁰³⁶: the calm before the storm

July 23

July 23

Hanae shook Kyoya awake gently and he looked around the room haphazardly before she laid her hands on his arm to try and calm him down, it worked.

"I was doing it again?" He sighed.

Hanae nodded, "I'm sorry I can't make you feel better..."

Her chest felt as if it were being crushed every time she heard him mumble in his sleep and she realized he was having another nightmare, he didn't deserve any of this.

She pulled away for a second to turn her bedside lamp on before curling up next to him again.

"You're going to be okay," She whispered, wiping away his sweat with the small towel she kept on her side of the bed for precisely this situation.

"This is pathetic."

She shook her head quickly, "Don't say that, it's normal for you to have nightmares after what you went through... it's okay for you to be scared."

He frowned and looked away, but her hand shot up and she sharply guided his face back to her own.

"Kyoya, it's okay for you to be scared." She repeated firmly, but her gaze contradicted her tone.

She could feel his uneasiness and her hand ran down his face soothingly, she wanted to help him, she wanted to give him the same support he'd given her all those months ago, she wanted him to feel safe in her arms, the same way she did.

"I'm here for you, you don't need to be strong in front of me. Even if you feel the need to seem impenetrable to everyone else, I need you to know that you don't have to put up a front with me."

He closed his eyes, "I don't know how I used to live without you,"

She smiled, "You were fine without me..." She paused for a second and her face fell flat. "Maybe even better."

"You're wrong." He said the second she finished her sentence before he leaned in to kiss her, his touch making her go weak and she found herself climbing on top of him careful to not touch his left arm.

She smiled and he stopped for a second, "What is it?"

"I'm going to keep it."

His body tensed up under her own.

"Are you serious?"

She nodded, her smile never fading, before she could process the situation he'd pushed her down on the mattress and she laughed as his lips met her own.

"Be careful, your arm!"

"Screw my arm." He said, but she huffed and shoved him away, flopping next to him on the bed, and his eyes landed on her still-flat stomach, "Have you felt anything yet?"