ㅤㅤ⁰¹² : happy new years

December 31

December 31

"I feel like all we do is go to parties nowadays," Hanae told her friend, while she parked her car in Tamaki Suoh's driveway.

"Babes it's New Year's Eve, it's not like you could stay at home," Mary said, applying another coat of nude lip gloss.

Hanae nodded as she reached into the backseat of the car for her heels, she hated driving with them on.

"I know, I know... it's just that this year's ending seems so surreal to me,"

She'd started it off engaged to a man she loved, and now she was down two engagements and she'd just found out her family was on the brink of bankruptcy.

"What happened to Kasanoda?" Mary asked, trying to pull Hanae out of the rabbit hole she was dragging herself into.

Hanae smiled. "I know I shouldn't be happy about it, but Akise convinced my mother to call it off, telling her I shouldn't get married to a future yakuza leader."

"Wow," Mary smirked. "Akise has a heart?"

Hanae laughed, "I know, almost seems too good to be true."

When they managed to get into the backyard, Hanae realized she had incredibly underestimated the extent of Tamaki Suoh's extravagance... It was barely eight o'clock but his house was packed, and it was heavily decorated with white, red, and gold decorations all emphasizing the incoming New Year.

Every table was decked out with golden plates and silverware on top of red and white tablecloths, there were large velvet curtains that hung from the ceiling, each separating multiple gold chandeliers that dimly lit the party.

Hanae felt almost out of place in her light blue dress.

"Wow, Tamaki and Haruhi went all out, huh?" Mary said nearly as shell-shocked as Hanae and Hanae before she realized what was going on Kaoru had wrapped his hand

"Hey, I was looking all over for you," He mumbled in Mary's ear.

"Ugh, I've missed you so much!" Mary said pinching his cheek endearingly before giving him a quick kiss.

Hanae awkwardly looked away choosing to stare at the crowd rather than at the perfect couple in front of her... she was reminded of how she and Hideo used to be.

She huffed and shook her head, today was an especially awful day to be reminded of what she'd lost.

"Are you coming with us?" Mary asked, snapping her back into reality.

"What?" Hanae had been too wrapped up in her thoughts, that she hadn't heard their conversation.

"Kaoru said that his friends were sitting at a table over there," he said gesturing towards a table near the back.