Chapter Twenty One - How many lies?

Chapter Twenty One

Billie:

The silent treatment, now I don't know what amazes me more; the fact she's hasn't spoke in two days or the fact she's actually still here. Deciding to break her pledge as she says "So what's real and what's fake?"

"Well, I guess the vandalism and other things are fake..."

"And what about the assault?"

Unable to look her in the eye as I mumble "I'm sorry but I regret it ever happened ok."

She takes a deep breath "So you did it?"

"You have to believe me when I say I never meant to hurt anyone and I don't plan to ever again."

She looks down at the coffee cup sitting in front of her, I say softly "I don't blame you for being mad but I'm not going to make it up to you; because I forgave you for your mistakes."

"I forgave you the moment you burst in that door."

Smiling at her stroking her cheek kissing her lightly; her smile widening as she says "Your stupid to think I'd leave you because of something that happened four years ago."

Slowly dancing around the kitchen in time to the song that I was singing in her ear.

~*~

Ella:

I was still mad but it wasn't at Billie; pushing past Matt and into my dad's apartment finding him standing at the doorway of the living room as I shout "You, You have done nothing but try to ruin everything!" Throwing the file, the papers flying around "Darling, I'm only trying to protect you."

"Well go protect your other daughter..."

He glares at me as I continue "You really thought you could hide it from us huh?"

"Stop it now!"

"Most of that file was bullshit just like half my life!"

"No, Ella please just calm down."

"Why don't you go run to your little Sophie hm?"

My brother walking in the room confused "Who the hells Sophie?"

My dad blurting "No one, Ella sit down, now I've asked you nicely but your taking this out of Hand!"

"Am I? Am I really?"

His voice mellowing down "You've always been my number one girl and I didn't want him to destroy you."

"Your lying...you have all this time..." Choking on my words as I try not to cry "You never accepted me you just used me for your work."

My brothers face falling as he looks at my dad, he says "How could you do this?"

"Can't you see this is what he's doing to you Ella your a mess."

"He didn't do shit and you know it; I hope you and your darling little Sophie have a lovely bond because she's all you got."

He blocks the door as he says "Your not leaving until I get my daughter back."

Shoving past, I hiss "I'm not coming back until I get my dad." Slamming the door behind me and storming down the path; hearing my brothers voice call my name "El, what was all that?" The puzzled look still on his face.

"Lies, everything is a lie."

"What about the Sophie girl ?"

"She's our half sister, he cheated on mum when we were younger, he's not a man."

Pulling me into a tight hug "Bet you feel a lot better after it eh." He laughs lightening the mood as he walks home; the thought dawning on me, I'd have to tell Billie everything.