Chapter Seventeen - bets and surprise intruders

Chapter Seventeen

Billie:

Opening the front door to Mike and Tré standing with grins on their faces; realising it had been a while since we last met up. Pushing a twenty pound note into Tré's pocket as I say "You know what I've done." The confused look on his face he'd probably forgotten the bet by now; it was six years ago.

Leading them into the living room as Tré clicks "Knew it! You dirty ba-" He looks over to Ella rephrasing the conversation "She doesn't know about the bet does she?" Ella raising an eyebrow as she joins In "What bet?" Tré seemed willing to explain leaving him to it "Billie and me made a bet if he had children before me he'd owe me twenty quid and vice versa."

Mike just sat mesmerised by the size of her "Guys I think I know where the moon went."

Bursting out laughing as I attempt to defend her "She's not that bad." Mikes eyes widening as I remember "Guys I've managed to land myself a job as a PA in a business firm bam no more babysitting." All cheering as if they were at a basketball game, the room building a calm atmosphere.

"Billie, could you help make some tea?"

"Sure my little planet."

Winking at her as she replies "Shut it pretty boy or I'll get the baby to go Kung fu on you."

"Hope he lays on your bladder."

Pushing me off the side of the sofa as she walks away; hearing her voice stutter "Billie...I...I...just pissed myself!" Walking into the kitchen as I say "Told you he'd be a daddy's bo-" freezing as I look to the floor "Baby that ain't no piss."

Her eyes widening as I run into the living room yelling "We have an intruder all hands on deck."

Her brother blurting "She's having it now can't she wait a little longer."

"Nope."

A screaming girlfriend and crowded car later, we arrived at the hospital; being asked all kinds of questions as I sit with Mike in the delivery room. Screaming as she crushes my hand, while hyperventilating Mike trying to calm me down. It must sound like a horror movie to the people outside.

Hearing sudden crying, breathing a sigh of relief; a nurse approaching me as she says "He's a few weeks early but everything's seems to be working alright." Handing me a tiny form wrapped in a blanket staring at the small face in front of me wrapping his little hand around my finger as Mike says "He's adorable." Looking up to Ella who watched sleepily before handing him to her; Mr Stevens walking in the door a smiling creeping onto his face as he sits beside the bed; his tone sounding soft "He's beautiful but this doesn't mean I like you."

"Understandable."

Watching them all fuss over him like a kids to a sweet jar; I had a feeling I was going to enjoy bringing up a mini me.